Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Last minute flight to LA from Manchester - any great websites for booking tickets?

(6 Posts)
readingrainbow Tue 19-Apr-16 22:05:23

I've been dithering over whether we could afford a quick trip out to visit family and friends during an event next week, and now it's crunch time. I need to book the flight asap (just me, woop!) as the prices keep going up every few minutes, it seems.

Are there any great websites you use to find bargain flights? Am I missing a trick? It's looking to be about £500.

Drinksforeveryone Tue 19-Apr-16 22:09:24

I would always buy my flights directly from the airline.

If something needs amending - or there is a booking error you will have more chance of having it put right rather than a 3rd party booking company.

Use Skyscanner and the likes to find the best value flights - then head to that particular airline's own website to book.

readingrainbow Tue 19-Apr-16 22:10:51

Yes, I was thinking along similar lines - I found the best value flight so far with Lufthansa.

KP86 Tue 19-Apr-16 22:11:07

I've been looking for US flights this week and £500 seems to be about the best I can find, particularly for the west coast.

NYC/Boston etc can go for £350 but the cross country domestic trip would be more expensive.

KP86 Tue 19-Apr-16 22:11:56

Skyscanner.net is my go to checking website. They were significantly cheaper than booking directly. At least £100/person.

readingrainbow Tue 19-Apr-16 22:18:46

Thanks, KP86. It's good to know I'm not missing a much cheaper option!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now