Talk

Advanced search

Things to do by myself in Tokyo

(5 Posts)
Notsoskinnyminny Tue 19-Apr-16 17:54:41

I'm due to visit DD who lives about an hour outside Tokyo and her timetable's just been changed so I'm going to be on my own until 5pm for 4 days. When I went there last time it was a treat for her 18th so she planned the itinerary which included shopping, disney and more shopping although we did manage to visit a couple of museums and the zoo.

I don't speak any japanese but I'm ok with the trains so happy to travel into Tokyo and she can come and meet me so suggestions please for where I should go/things to do? She's no help because all she's found while she's been there are more shopping districts - hence my visit to bring back some excess baggage!

Notsoskinnyminny Tue 19-Apr-16 17:57:25

We have planned to go to Asakusa because we never got there last time.

SekhmetLioness Fri 22-Apr-16 19:03:14

Hi Notso, Tokyo is a great city - I was there last year.

Asakusa is fabulous. I can also recommend the Edo museum, Kappabashi Street (Kitchenware town - look for the plastic food) and visiting an onsen. We also liked the shopping centre at Venus fort - lovely ride over the water to get there and has a great Starbucks inside a fake Italian landscape.

Notsoskinnyminny Sat 23-Apr-16 13:46:10

Thank you, we went to the Edo museum last time but I'll check out the other places - it'd be great to find a shopping centre DD hasn't gringrin

HazAlways Tue 03-May-16 11:18:26

Odaiba island is fab, approach via the Yurikamome line from Shimbashi for the views and take the boat back up to Asakusa. There are some fab shopping, museums beach and the statie of liberty of course. There is a cafe upstairs on the beach (blue something) which is fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now