Talk

Advanced search

Can I add my under 2 to booking at a later date?

(10 Posts)
JeanGenie23 Mon 04-Apr-16 11:16:04

I am going to Japan in October, at which point my DD will be 20months. I am waiting for her pasport to come through and I am getting nervous at the rate the cost is increasing.

Can I book my seat and add her at a later date? She won't be having her own seat so will just be the 10% charge to add, is this possible? I know you can book before child is born and add them at a later date so surely this is the same?

Any advice welcomed thank you

nmg85 Mon 04-Apr-16 11:37:32

Ring the airline and ask, that is the only way you will know for sure.

CotedePablo Mon 04-Apr-16 11:39:27

You don't need her passport to book her ticket. You will need to have passport details before she travels, obviously, but no need for the passport at this point.

JeanGenie23 Mon 04-Apr-16 11:56:51

Oh really cote blush I thought I would need to enter the passport number upon paying for tickets?

JeanGenie23 Mon 04-Apr-16 11:57:22

I am currently on hold with BA, 35mins and counting... confused

nmg85 Mon 04-Apr-16 12:13:36

As long as you have her name (:-)) and DOB that is usually all you need at the time of booking as long as you have one before you travel it is fine.

JassyRadlett Mon 04-Apr-16 12:24:53

You'll be fine without her passport number - you can add passport details later online. But at any rate, you'd be fine to add her later.

I've never entered passport details on booking (with BA, Qantas, Singapore, Emirates, American or Cathay) that I remember.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Mon 04-Apr-16 12:26:31

Ooh watching.

youngestisapsycho Mon 04-Apr-16 12:28:11

I've never had to enter passport numbers at time of booking....

JeanGenie23 Mon 04-Apr-16 12:32:44

Just spoken to BA and I don't need to enter pasport details now.
I could also add her later on as she won't be having a seat, providing of course she isn't two which she won't be

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now