Talk

Advanced search

Clearwater beach hotel recommendations?

(5 Posts)
Sparkygal Sat 05-Mar-16 11:52:59

We are about to book a holiday to Florida for October, and staying in Orlando the 1st week (either a villa or Floridays apartments - we stayed there last time) but the second week we are heading to Clearwater for 6 nights of chilling.

We have a budget of about £1,200 for that week and would like somewhere with 2 bedrooms as the kids are 12 & 14 so too old for us all to be in 1 hotel room with 2 queen beds.

Love the look of Sandpearl Resort but it's double our budget to stay there with 2 rooms.

Anyone have any recommendations ?

Thanks x

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 05-Mar-16 15:21:57

I would look at chains like Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn and Fairfield Suites; these are all located in Clearwater. The last three mentioned do suite based rooms and the Embassy Suites do breakfast as part of the room rate.

Not many places actually offer two bedrooms anyway although some suite based hotels do. I would see if there is any interconnecting room availability.

ihatethecold Sat 05-Mar-16 15:32:14

The best we found was the Marriott.
I would go on Airbnb or the like and get a rental. Much cheaper.
Can I also recommend Maggie Mays diner The best place to get breakfast in the area.
Cheap as chips and very authentic

Fleurdelise Mon 07-Mar-16 22:10:18

We found a two bedroom apartment in Indian Rocks part of a complex of flats on the beach with a shared swimming pool within your budget. We haven't been yet (going in July) but all the reviews are amazing and the place looks really nice.

Let me know if you want me to pm you the link to it. smile

Sparkygal Tue 08-Mar-16 22:26:42

Hi Fleur,

Yes please that sounds great.

Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now