Talk

Advanced search

September Long Haul Trip - Any recommendations?

(17 Posts)
tickingclock22 Mon 29-Feb-16 10:43:33

Morning

My partner and I are planning to go away Sept / Oct to hopefully somewhere lovely. We want somewhere that is going to be Hot and minimal rain (don't mind the tropical short bursts) but also somewhere that offers places of interest etc. I have travelled a fair bit but not in September. Cant afford top £££ but a reasonable amount. Thinking Sri Lanka? or Similar. Not Thailand as been there. Thanks

mummymeister Mon 29-Feb-16 11:58:45

Belize. fabulous place loads to see and do. not your usual destination either. check out the belize forum on tripadvisor or message me and I will send you info.

tickingclock22 Mon 29-Feb-16 13:01:39

Taken one look at the photos - SOLD ha ha

tickingclock22 Mon 29-Feb-16 14:03:39

Sadly September is heavy rain season

mummymeister Tue 01-Mar-16 09:55:39

oh no!! really. would you look at florida keys and southern states perhaps doing a driving tour?

I always fancied Hawaii. on my bucket list for when the kids have all flown the nest.

Costacoffeeplease Tue 01-Mar-16 09:57:35

September is also hurricane season in Florida/Caribbean

DesertOrDessert Tue 01-Mar-16 10:07:46

Southern Africa, Kerela (India), Seychelles, Mauritius? I'd go East that time of year.

tickingclock22 Tue 01-Mar-16 10:36:22

DesertorDessert I think you may be right. Had so many ideas but all rainy. I fancy East admittedly. Although now thinking about maybe a city that time of year and waiting until Feb next year to have more options.

Thank you all

ShanghaiDiva Fri 04-Mar-16 10:03:30

SE Asia still pretty wet at that time of year. I have been to Burma at the beginning of Oct and it rained for a bit every afternoon but cleared up really quickly so you may be lucky in September.
What about Borneo - I know July and August are dry.
Bali is also dry then

ShanghaiDiva Fri 04-Mar-16 10:05:13

Chinese New Year is at the end of January next year so would avoid early Feb as resorts in SE Asia will be packed and prices will rocket.

Mumblechum1 Fri 04-Mar-16 10:37:19

www.mrandmrssmith.com/luxury-hotels/cayo-espanto

We went here a while ago and it was beautiful.

tickingclock22 Tue 08-Mar-16 14:31:00

Munblechum1 what month did you travel? thanks

glh123 Wed 09-Mar-16 21:33:27

Anyone been to Bali whilst pregnant? Thinking of going next month, I'll be 21-22 weeks pregnant, last big holiday before little one arrives. Any thoughts, positive and not so positive? Thanks 😃

LuckySantangelo1 Wed 09-Mar-16 21:42:27

What about Mexico? Tulum is beautiful and only a couple of hours taxi ride from cancan airport. I stayed at a hotel called Zamas right by the beach. Great good, lots of culture.

Jarstastic Mon 04-Apr-16 21:15:12

I've been to Sri Lanka in September and I wouldn't call it heavy rain season.
We had a little bit of rain when we were in Galle, much less rain than England, but none on the east coast or middle of the country. It was really dry. In fact it was drought in Yala national park!

tickingclock22 Thu 14-Apr-16 10:21:28

glh123 - I went to Bali in July and found it the most relaxing holiday going. The only downside was I did get a bit of the bali belly which you would need to be careful of. However I imagine mine was down to extreme sun bathing / drinking cocktails all day !!! Wonderful place.

Jarstastic - that's good to hear - very difficult finding a place to suit in the East oddly enough.

CotedePablo Thu 14-Apr-16 10:55:39

Sri Lanka in September here too. Only one very wet afternoon, with the odd shower here and there. Very cheap for very nice hotels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now