Talk

Advanced search

All you Mexico fans

(6 Posts)
wartynose Sun 21-Feb-16 17:34:01

Have you been down the coast towards Belize?
Thinking about flying into Cancun and driving down to Tulum then keep going.
It looks amazing but I can't find much info on it.
Any sage MN advice?

mummymeister Mon 22-Feb-16 15:17:23

we went to belize last year principally because it was nothing like Cancun!! if you want details of our trip message me and I will forward them on to you. you wont be able to easily take a hire car from Mexico to Belize and if you do they will charge you a hefty premium. better to get the bus into Belize city and pick up your car there and drive straight out. the only real crime in belize is in belize city.

wartynose Mon 22-Feb-16 17:00:44

Thanks mummy but I think we'll stick to Mexico this trip apart from a boat trip from Xcalak to the reef off Belize.

wartynose Sun 28-Feb-16 15:30:59

Still no Mexico fans around?

LuckySantangelo1 Wed 09-Mar-16 21:50:47

Tulum is fab! Really lovely place, great restaurants, lovely hotels, beautiful beaches. Would go back tomorrow if I could. Didn't go any further south as I was pregnant at the time & wasn't particularly up for exploring much. Any questions please ask away.

msrisotto Wed 09-Mar-16 22:01:20

I'm a fan! I've only been once but we drove from Cancun to Valladolid then Merida and then stayed in Tulum for a week. Have you been before? We hadn't so wanted to see Chichen Itza, small towns and bigger towns. I wanted to see a Cenote which was heaven in the heat. My best advice would be to download a satnav! We used Navmii or navfree, I can't remember now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now