Talk

Advanced search

eeek Boston accommodation is soooo expensive!!

(14 Posts)
ihateminecraft Sat 20-Feb-16 08:40:56

Looking to book 3 nights in August as part of a bigger East Coast trip. Already knew it would be pricey but not quite so much!! I'm wondering if I might be better off leaving it until nearer the time in the hope prices come down or will I end up with nothing?I'm not looking for luxury but would like at least 3* as the accommodation we've booked for the rest of the trip is quite basic!

Would be grateful for any tips.

OP’s posts: |
Parker231 Sat 20-Feb-16 08:55:51

We had the same problem last year. I would suggest booking asap as things do seem to get booked up very quickly. We stayed at The Club Quarters - clean but not luxurious. Good locations to easily walk everywhere. Have a great time !

Pipbin Sat 20-Feb-16 08:58:04

I'm off to Boston in April and got an utter bargain staying at The Godfrey hotel. It is 4 star but only opened about 2 weeks ago.
Because of this its not on many of the websites but if you can find it its only $99 a night!!

andadietcoke Sat 20-Feb-16 08:59:40

I stayed at Hotel Veritas in Cambridge. It was a lovely little boutique hotel and I don't think it was that expensive. Depends how central you want to be though - I stayed there before a course at HBS, but got public transport to Back Bay and the centre and it wasn't too bad. Taxis take cards too which makes it all a bit easier to get around.

andadietcoke Sat 20-Feb-16 09:01:08

Also, we've booked a lot of hotels in the US recently and have used Travelzoo a lot, and also Priceline (secret hotels but there are lots of sites with lists of where it's likely to be).

Pipbin Sat 20-Feb-16 09:03:04

Here it is. m.godfreyhotelboston.com

I suggest shopping about. We got it through Expedia and I looked again for it a couple of days ago it on some sites it was £99.

ihateminecraft Sat 20-Feb-16 10:00:58

£99 would be brilliant Pipbin. Unfortunately, it's coming out more than twice that for my dates, and any other dates actually so you must've got lucky!

Pipbin Sat 20-Feb-16 10:31:50

Balls. I think I must have got a 'pre-opening' deal as we booked it about a week before it opened.

ihateminecraft Sat 20-Feb-16 17:44:50

www.midtownhotel.com/

Found this. Fab location (Back Bay). Cheap by Boston standards but only a 2* 😕 Guess we wouldn't be spending much time in the hotel but really unsure.

Pipbin Sat 20-Feb-16 17:46:32

It has free wifi. That's a heck of a lot better than some of the mega expensive hotels.

RusholmeRuffian Sun 21-Feb-16 20:32:32

Try Hotwire. I've got some great deals in the States through them

Chewbecca Sun 28-Feb-16 19:15:14

We stayed in the Gryphon House, a B&B in a lovely old 'brownstone'. Loved it. Around $200pn.

VimFuego101 Sun 28-Feb-16 19:15:52

Have you looked on AirBNB?

ihateminecraft Sun 28-Feb-16 23:10:17

The Gryphon House looks lovely Chewbecca, sadly considerably more than $200 for my dates. Yes, have looked at Airbnb but nothing suitable so far......

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in