Talk

Advanced search

California dreaming?

(2 Posts)
MrChow Sun 14-Feb-16 14:52:28

Hoping to take the family to California this summer (depending on visa issues) so has anyone got any travel tips ie who did you book with? Places to go? Is it better to book things seperatly?

I have in my mind:

5-7 Days based around Anaheim so we can do the parks such as Disney and knotts berry farm

5 days based around Hollywood / LA before home so we can do some stuff there.

I have 3 skids. 14, 10 and 3. I've been to Cali pre children, loved it. This will be a totally different experience I know, and we will be doing it on a budget. I was priced £4500 through Virgin for the fly drive. So I need to factor in spends and hotels on top. Not fussed about anything too special around Anaheim. Would like something nicer around LA.

Ta!

SquirrelledAway Tue 16-Feb-16 14:34:40

I'd ditch some of the LA time and have a few days in San Diego instead. Lots for kids to do there - USS Midway, San Diego zoo, Scripps aquarium, science centre etc.

You might be able to get flights & car hire cheaper by booking separately - have a look at rentalcars.com for car hire.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now