Talk

Advanced search

Packing tips/list for Orlando/Disney Cruise

(4 Posts)
ArtyFartyQueen Tue 02-Feb-16 18:56:53

Hi All,

Amidst a chest infection, I am trying to pack for our trip to Florida! We are flying out on Sunday, going on a 4 night disney cruise then spending 7 nights at Universal.

Wondered if anyone can share any things that they found useful/essential etc?

snowypenguin Wed 03-Feb-16 13:34:47

My American experience tells me they don't dress up so you should be ok casual and smart casual. What does the cruise line state for dinner? That I reckon would be your only super smart night if they have one.

Other than that what's the weather to be like? I'd just go with shorts, t-shirts, swimmers, jeans and good walking shoes. A poncho for any rainy days that can be packed away. I was in FLorida in January about 8 years ago. Can be chilly so a couple of jumpers. Have fun!

Tartyflette Wed 03-Feb-16 13:40:49

Yep, shorts, shorts and more shorts. Trainers, (or comfortable walking shoes) t-shirts, swimwear. Ponchos (v.thin) are available at all the parks, if you don't have any. It was extremely casual when I was there altho no bare chests for men other than on the beach or poolside, topless women are a bit of a no-no altogether. I saw a beach patrol cop ticking off an English woman who had taken her bikini top off.

Bunbaker Thu 04-Feb-16 08:36:00

I have been to the States three times and have never seen any topless women. It just isn't done. Although I haven't seen many topless women on holiday on the Med recently either. Is it becoming less popular or is it because we tend to go to the quieter resorts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now