Talk

Advanced search

car seat on plane?

(6 Posts)
quinn2005 Mon 01-Feb-16 10:24:44

Hi everyone
I am going to America in a few weeks with my husband, 6 year old and 2 year old. We are flying with BA
The website says under 2s can have carrycot, then others up to 2/certain weightcan have a carry-seat. Emily is too big for this but there is mention of car seats - do I have to have a car seat for my 2 year old? She doesn't like being in the seat in the car so 10 hours on a plane isn't going to be great, and I can't find out from the helpline (which isn't helpful!) if she HAS to have a car seat!
thanks in advance
Jacqui

AveEldon Mon 01-Feb-16 10:30:05

no you don't need a car seat

AveEldon Mon 01-Feb-16 10:30:21

No you don't need a car seat

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 01-Feb-16 12:41:27

A car seat is not a requirement. Has you paid for your youngest child to have a seat?. At 2 years of age she can have her own seat.

BTW the bassinet is usually for newborns or very young babies (older babies tend to be too long to fit into it).

I would also suggest you take their favourite foodstuffs as well for your children to eat, do not rely on them to fully provide. Any children's meals should be ordered at least 24 hours in advance of travel.

PatriciaHolm Mon 01-Feb-16 18:52:11

No, absolutely not, and I don't think I've ever seen a child in one on a plane.

quinn2005 Tue 02-Feb-16 09:21:00

Thank you everyone
will take plenty of snacks on the plane for them!
jacqui

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now