Talk

Advanced search

50 in Feb 2017, where to go the 3 of us?

(7 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Mon 18-Jan-16 16:34:47

Where can we go as a family (me, hubby and DS age 12) in February to celebrate my 50th? Preferably the 1 week of half term

Dis-likes
Dont fancy US or Florida
Dont fancy a cruise

Dubai always fancied this but couldnt afford more than a few nights

NewBallsPlease00 Tue 19-Jan-16 05:45:33

What's your budget?
Do you like city or beaches?
Do you want to chill out or see and do?
How long for ideally?

mummymeister Tue 19-Jan-16 08:19:43

Belize
Iceland - to see the Northern lights
Moscow - unusual city break
south African safari - avoiding malaria areas
Machu Pichu

1 week isn't very long if you want it to be warm because you are going to have to travel some distance to find this. what is your budget?

ukgirlatheart Tue 19-Jan-16 12:24:21

No particular budget at the moment but wanting ideas really.

Im afraid only have a week so actually never thought so maybe Europe

love beach, sun sand,

Spain
Canaries
Italy

ukgirlatheart Tue 19-Jan-16 12:25:31

On the other end of the scale ... would not discount New York

TotalConfucius Tue 19-Jan-16 12:44:14

Yes, I think you have to go 'statement' holiday.
I've done Caribbean for a week, with the help of a welltimed inset day but it's hard work on the return with DC. (My no-DC sister lands at 6am Gatwick Monday morning from the Caribbean and goes straight into work. Her DH goes home and unpacks as he's retired. A quick takeaway after work and straight to bed with a hot toddy to aid sleep. She's hardcore.)
Think of stuff you haven't done and go and do it. Empire State, Arctic Circle, St Petersburg, Niagara Falls, Jungfrau, Northern Lights.
Next year we have a 16th, 2 X 50th, 1 X 60th, 1 X 80th, and a silver wedding. We're splitting the difference and planning something big for the summer holidays.

mummymeister Tue 19-Jan-16 14:11:06

the canaries, spain and Italy will not be holiday hot. they wont be as cold as the uk hopefully but it wont be beach weather, swimming in the sea or even in the hotel outdoor pool. as long as you are ok with that then have a look at Europe.

use the accuweather website for temperatures. Spain high 50's low 60's. high 60's and Italy same as Spain. this is not going to be the sort of holiday you want from your description.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now