Talk

Advanced search

Any cape cod accommodation recommendations?

(49 Posts)
Thethingswedoforlove Wed 13-Jan-16 09:42:41

Been looking at Airbnb mainly but open to hotels or cottages villas through other sites? We got beaten to our fav Airbnb one by a matter of hours sad

ihateminecraft Wed 13-Jan-16 19:15:58

Following with interest as considering similar. Just has a quick look at airbnb and, from what I saw, the accommodation looks considerably cheaper & nicer than elsewhere. Why is this? Am an airbnb novice, sorry!

jemsywemsy Sat 16-Jan-16 18:17:35

We stayed in Pilgrim Village in Chatham, it was absolutely lovely (found it from a thread on here actually). The cottages are next to a lake which is perfect for kids swimming as it's nice and warm with no current, and it's family run, really nice people and our kids made lots of friends. It's not luxury accommodation but very cute. Chatham itself is exactly what you imagine when you think of a Cape Cod town.

jemsywemsy Sat 16-Jan-16 18:19:54

www.pilgrimvillage.com/

ihateminecraft Sat 16-Jan-16 18:56:54

Looks lovely. How long did you stay there? Did you go out and about or mainly stay on site? Sorry so many questions smile

jemsywemsy Sat 16-Jan-16 23:33:42

We stayed for a week (part of a longer East Coast trip) and we went out on a few trips - (Provincetown, Martha's Vineyard, and Plymouth, I think), but had a few days where we stayed local too. There's enough to keep you busy pottering about in Chatham for a few days - we went to a baseball game, and a free concert in the park, had a look at the lighthouse, went to the fish pier and watched the catch come in,ogled the posh houses etc! But our best moments were probably chilling out on the beach watching the sun set over the lake while the kids built sandcastles, you can't beat it. I've never been as sad to leave a holiday place. The owners were very helpful in letting us pay cash on arrival (they aren't set up for international payments) and generally very accommodating without being in your face. The only downside is they don't have air con, but it's not as hot as you'd think, and we managed fine with portable fans. We'd go back there every year if it wasn't so expensive to get there!

Thethingswedoforlove Sun 17-Jan-16 18:06:56

We may just have changed all our holiday plans as a result of your excellent suggestion jemsy!!

Thethingswedoforlove Sun 17-Jan-16 18:07:07

Thank you!

ihateminecraft Sun 17-Jan-16 19:00:56

Very tempted too! What else did your East Coast itinerary consist of, if you don't mind sharing .....

Thethingswedoforlove Sun 17-Jan-16 22:05:26

Just NY and Boston. We had planned to use an agent who had done our whole plan including accom but who won't do any of it for us if we book our own cape cod accom. Looks so good that we think is worth it! I hope we can hire bikes from somewhere as I really want to go on the trail.... When are you going? We are going at the beginning of English school summer hols towards the end of July.....

jemsywemsy Sun 17-Jan-16 22:17:59

Have sent you a PM Minecraft, happy to send to anyone else that wants it.

jemsywemsy Sun 17-Jan-16 22:18:47

(With my itinerary)

Thethingswedoforlove Sun 17-Jan-16 22:37:44

Yes pls jemsy !!!

NewBallsPlease00 Tue 19-Jan-16 04:21:52

Stayed at a few places- will look up if of interest. Travelled with DH and 13 mo ds
Chatham- hired a place
Province town- a cool renovated motel on outskirts called harbour hotel
Best coffee ever at a tiny place near the ferry in woods hole nr Martha's vin yard ferry called pie in the sky

Falmouth was pretty and some good contemporary Mexican food - think we stayed at a B&b called beach breeze inn which was good

Rockport was great- spent a few days ay Rockport inn and suites a short walk or drive into town- good split level accommodation

Thethingswedoforlove Tue 19-Jan-16 06:35:43

New balls : Wd you recommend the place you hired in Chatham and do you still have details?

NewBallsPlease00 Tue 19-Jan-16 07:56:26

At it Was whole house rental for 15... (Family event)

Bambambini Tue 19-Jan-16 21:08:17

Ha, we will be in Cape Cod early August hopefully! Maybe we will all bump into each other!

Jemsy - could you send me your itinerary please! We've only booked 3 nts in Boston so far and I'm a bit clueless on the research front so far and time is running out!

Bambambini Tue 19-Jan-16 21:11:29

Chatham - sounds nice. We would rather base ourselves in one place for about a week in Cape Cod and drive out for the day etc.

Probably just asking where folks favourite place was on Cape Cod to stay.

ihateminecraft Tue 19-Jan-16 21:39:32

Snap Bambambini! I'm rather taken by the Chatham place Jemsywemsy posted. I was thinking of starting with about 3 nights in Boston, then driving up to the White Mountains via Salem and spending 2-3 nights up there (in North Conway perhaps?) then drive down to the cape for a week before flying home. We don't want to do loads of driving as DH is more than likely to get lumbered with it! Does that sound doable?

Bambambini Tue 19-Jan-16 23:07:23

Ihate - nice to have some others to bounce some ideas off of. We sound similar to you. So far have 3 nts booked Boston and 7 nts booked Chatam - though it's one we can cancel if we find something else we prefer. That leaves 3 nts between Boston and Cape Cod. Was thinking of Vermont or Conneticut.

Thethingswedoforlove Wed 20-Jan-16 02:34:08

I have also booked 7 nights Chatham bambamini! Might see you there!

Bambambini Wed 20-Jan-16 21:20:53

We might need to get sll mumsnetters to wear a bobble hat or something!

I'm torn now between pilgrim village or the hotel i've already booked!

Thethingswedoforlove Wed 20-Jan-16 21:27:53

I am booked in for 30 July for a week. Let me know if you will be there at the same time and I will have great fun trying to see if I can work out who you are!!!

ihateminecraft Wed 20-Jan-16 21:56:17

I've been in touch with PV too, they currently have good availability for the summer, we have time off booked during August so it's just a case of figuring out an itinerary and selling it to DHL who thinks it's too early to be talking about summer hols confused

Thethingswedoforlove Thu 21-Jan-16 21:07:58

Pv will be surprised to be getting all Jesé enquiries from uk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now