Talk

Advanced search

California - best time to visit?

(8 Posts)
Euphemia Sat 02-Jan-16 20:44:09

I'm planning 2-3 weeks with DD (14 when we go) including San Francisco and Los Angeles.

We can go in April, July or October: which would be best in terms of good weather for walking about? So not too hot!

didireallysaythat Sat 02-Jan-16 20:50:13

SF will be cool in all those months. LA isn't really a walking place.... July would be the warmest in LA and you'd get 4th July which is fun (but expect accommodation and flights to go fast).

TSSDNCOP Sat 02-Jan-16 20:55:15

Out of the of the three October. Still lovely and warm during the day, lovely light, not too hot to walk or sight see. If you can go over Halloween it's really fun.

Euphemia Sat 02-Jan-16 21:03:49

We've been to the eastern USA in October the past three years and it's been ideal weather. I love going on holiday in October!

Sadly we can't go for Halloween.

ShanghaiDiva Sun 03-Jan-16 03:45:08

October.

lljkk Sun 03-Jan-16 07:57:42

all fine, the joy ofSouthern california /most california weather is even temps year round. July in Frisco can be cold (ask Sam Clements). I presume the DD is at private school so you don't plan to do west coast in one week of October 1/2 term from Britain?

Euphemia Sun 03-Jan-16 10:13:59

We live in an area of Scotland where we get two weeks off in October. It was traditionally for the potato harvest, but now most of the region seems to end up in Florida! grin

lljkk Sun 03-Jan-16 14:11:49

sounds good. CA will be a big antidote to Scotland weather, I suspect smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now