Talk

Advanced search

Thailand with young children

(5 Posts)
writingsonthewall Mon 21-Dec-15 12:30:50

Does anyone have any experience holidaying in Thailand (islands) with young children. We are thinking of going with Dc 2, 7 and 10. Needs to be budget so would probably look at arranging flights and accommodation ourselves. Open to which islands, maybe Samui, Phi Phi, Lak etc.

Would love to hear experiences and tips.

Thanks

hifi Sun 27-Dec-15 14:07:35

have been travelling since dd1 was 2, shes now 12 and dd2 since she was 18 months. Take disposable nappies and wet wipes as they're really expensive out there.
Take strong insect repellent, i get ours from Nomad, contains deet.
we took dd to Thailand then Vietnam when she was 5, she was absolutely knackered and we didn't do half the things we planned as she was so exhausted. I wouldn't move around too much.
The food is great, and the Thai people really love kids.
I took and old buggy, the roads were shocking so they suffer from wear and tear.
Try Eva Air, we flew premium economy for the same price as economy with Thai air, its a newer fleet too.
medicines are widely available over there and cheaper.
Take dive shoes as there's sting rays on many beaches, shuffle in to disperse them.

ihatethecold Mon 28-Dec-15 19:41:55

hifi
are dive shoes available over there to buy?
We are going to Koh Samui this summer and will need some.

hifi Tue 29-Dec-15 14:48:53

im not sure if they do, sports direct have some
www.sportsdirect.com/dc-comics-aqua-shoes-mens-224106?colcode=22410603

MamaDuckling Thu 04-Feb-16 15:40:28

We did Phuket and surrounding areas with 1yo DS - was great. He luckily ate everything and fresh milk was easy enough to come by.

Take good kid friendly mosi repellant, mosquito net for travel cot/buggy.

The people were wonderful with him, so friendly. Was a fab holiday. Go for it!!

I can recommend centara resorts for families.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now