Talk

Advanced search

Florida and car seats

(6 Posts)
42andcounting Fri 04-Dec-15 22:30:38

We're travelling to Florida in a group with friends in 2016, 5 adults, a 3yo and a 2yo. We would be grateful to hear others experience / advice on car seats for our hire car, would it be best to hire out there with the car, hire separately, or take our own seats with us - and if the latter, does ISOFIX fit with US cars? We'd prefer ERF seats if possible, but realise that's probably not an option.

We'd be very grateful for any advice. Many thanks smile

Sunflower1985 Fri 04-Dec-15 22:46:12

Check out the hire website - they'll have the cars listed and you can go from there. Mostly US makes. We rented a midsize suv in Florida last week and they were all Jeep patriots.

Hiring a seat is expensive and you don't know what you're getting. But you can take one with you for no extra charge.
Hopefully you won't experience what we just did though, and have them loose it. The airport keep a stash for when this happens - makes it seem like a pretty regular occurrence.

LittleFeileFooFoo Fri 04-Dec-15 22:50:02

In the us all cars after 2000 or so have LATCH anchors, which are the same add isofix.

LittleFeileFooFoo Fri 04-Dec-15 22:53:09

If you hire a seat they likely will have latch anchors which are very similar to isofix. The anchors here are more admissible than isofix because of the range in car seat sizes. Some larger cars have wider anchor points,so the seat need lateral adjustment

captaincake Thu 31-Dec-15 15:00:29

I have just bought a joie steadi as I want an erf car seat for holiday. It's lightweight and seatbelt fitted.

captaincake Thu 31-Dec-15 15:01:19

The other option for an erf seat is to order one from Walmart and send someone to collect it while you wait at the airport. I think it's easier to take your own though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now