Florida..best time to go..

(6 Posts)
Itsallaboutme3 Mon 23-Nov-15 12:53:17

Hi All,
Just after some advice about booking Florida. We went a couple of years ago wth ds (2) in septemeber but we can not longer go in school time due to daughter being in school. We now have dd who will be 2 and ds will be 5.
Was looking at either going in august or half term october. Any recommendations of which you would go with? We were thinkjnh halloween if october half term
Tia

Itsallaboutme3 Mon 23-Nov-15 17:08:46

Bump

budgiegirl Tue 24-Nov-15 20:39:12

We've been a few times in October. It's a good time to go, the weather is generally still warm/hot (although we did have a couple of cool days - we wore jeans and t shirts- the Floridians were in woolly hats, gloves and fleeces!).

The queues are fairly short, and the Halloween events are great.

atticusclaw2 Tue 24-Nov-15 20:41:34

October half term. Definitely. Still lovely and hot and not queues. We've been three times in October and its always been beautiful (apart from the year we caught the end of the hurricane and even then we only had one overcast morning and an afternoon with sporadic showers).

R0nJ0n Tue 24-Nov-15 20:48:18

The Easter holidays are quite a good time too. Biggish crowds but decent not too hot weather and less rain than October.

If you do go in October book tickets for Mickys not so scary haloween party. It's fab, but it does sell out so you need to book well in advance.

Nothing would get me to Florida in August, it's just far too hot and stormy for me.

gingerdad Sun 29-Nov-15 19:21:14

Just after hell (if it exists) freezes over - for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now