Talk

Advanced search

NYE in NYC

(4 Posts)
Wait4nothing Sun 08-Nov-15 10:42:18

Hoping for some help - we have been looking to book something for NYE in New York this year but are struggling. Having made a decision to book a bowl

Wait4nothing Sun 08-Nov-15 10:45:51

**bowling alley lane in a party - we researched the company further and it seems to be a bit of a scam with all events held by this company being very badly reviewed.

We do not want to be around Times Square (I'll be 6 months pregnant) and just want to have a nice evening. Looked into our hotel bar (going out to eat before ) but they have yet to organise anything so we don't even know if we could get in!

Has anyone done this before (or know anyone who has) as its starting to cause stress (not what we booked this holiday for! So excited otherwise!)

Thanks

Wait4nothing Sun 08-Nov-15 13:58:19

*bump
Anyone?

realhousewife23 Sat 14-Nov-15 02:38:46

NYC on NYE is a complete circus. Anywhere around Times Square will be chaos for the ball drop, I can't think of anything worse than being stuck outside for hours on end in the freezing cold behind a barricade! Plus I think you need a ticket to get into the Times Square area so that's well avoided.

If I were you, I would just try to find a nice restaurant and book a table - look at Open Table to make your reservation in advance, then search around the restaurant and see if there are any nice bars for pre or after dinner drinks. There are some bars that you can reserve a table in advance but I'm not sure if they'd have reservations for NYE. Only other idea I can come up with is maybe some of the nicer hotels that might have some entertainment on.

I found this site with a list of parties going on, most of them look like regular restaurants and bars that are doing ticketed events.

joonbug.com/newyork/newyearseve

Or what about a dinner cruise type thing, maybe see some fireworks?

www.spiritcruises.com/new-york-metro/search?timeOfDay=Any&metro=New+York+Metro&startDate=12%2F31%2F2015&paxSize=1-19&brands=Spirit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now