Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yosemite - 2 nights

(12 Posts)
Lovewhereilive Wed 04-Nov-15 17:32:48

Where should we try and book a hotel so that we can maximise our 2 days there?

What would you recommend we do/ see?

Got 3 nights in San Fran booked prior to it so will be travelling from there by car.

specialsubject Thu 05-Nov-15 10:51:46

nps.gov/yose is the go-to website. You can either stay in the park (books out VERY early in most areas) or in one of the gateway towns and drive about an hour in.

Cheesybaps Thu 05-Nov-15 11:16:16

I stayed in Curry Village for 2 nights, right in the heart of the park. We had travelled from Las Vegas and stopped there on the way to San Francisco.

They have the choice of cabins, tent cabins etc. I stayed in a tent cabin (on a budget!), it was perfectly clean and the shared bathrooms were nice. They have a grocery store and central clubhouse for wifi etc.

Amazing place, there were wild deer and other animals roaming about. Fantastic to wake up to those surroundings, mountains and woodland eveywhere you look. Incredibly calm and peaceful with the limited phone signal and wifi too!

I do believe there are also hotels in the park (fairly expensive), if this isn't your kind of thing.

I would recommend staying within the park, its huge and you would waste valuable time travelling in/out every day. Plus the roads are quite scary in the dark... think mountainside single track road with no barrier in places!

Have a great time, its bloody brilliant there grin

Lovewhereilive Thu 05-Nov-15 22:04:34

Ah great thanks cheesy and special. Have now booked tenaya lodge for 2 nights. Is that going to be long enough?

specialsubject Fri 06-Nov-15 10:55:35

that's only really one day in the park. Can you stay longer?

Lovewhereilive Fri 06-Nov-15 14:53:45

Yes we could lose a day from LA.

Only1scoop Fri 06-Nov-15 14:57:01

I would lose a day in LA.

Yosemite is stunning

LA not so grin

The roads are really hairy though. We made the mistake of staying slightly out at Oakhurst. I had sleepless nights contemplating the drive in and out.

Have a great time

SquirrelledAway Fri 06-Nov-15 17:29:38

Not as hairy as the road dropping out of Sequoia!

Lovewhereilive Fri 06-Nov-15 19:29:39

Is it like the lakes but on a grander scale?

Yes think we will lose a LA day. Will need to rejig hotels. Good job I booked the free cancellation ones!

Thanks everyone.

specialsubject Fri 06-Nov-15 19:33:42

the Lake District is certainly splendid. Yosemite will make your jaw drop.

do get out of the car and go walking; you don't need to go far to get away from the crowds. About 200 yards, usually...

oh, and if you are staying in the park overnight remember to observe the bear rules regarding your car.

Only1scoop Fri 06-Nov-15 19:33:48

We approached from the Tioga pass and the vastness really takes your breath away.

Lovewhereilive Sat 07-Nov-15 09:25:09

Wow - that's the stuff we want!! Roll on next summer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now