Talk

Advanced search

Disney Port Orlenas

(9 Posts)
Hangingbasket14 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:28:19

We are looking at booking the Port Orleans hotel for May next year but having problems deciding between Riverside and French Quarter. I can't see any major differences but the FQ seems to get better reviews on trip advisor.....has anyone stayed at either (or both!)

AimingForMediocre Wed 28-Oct-15 22:40:34

We've been 4 times, I'd choose Riverside every time. The FQ has a much smaller food court with less choice, Riverside has a food court and a nice restaurant also, FQ has smaller gift shop, has a bus service that tends to get jammed up easier, though it does have a nice pool area.
I think the styling of the mansion houses at Riverside are far nicer than the buildings in FQ. The only hotel I would choose over the Riverside is teh Polynesian.

Hangingbasket14 Thu 29-Oct-15 09:05:41

Thanks Aiming that's really helpful, what did you like about the Polynesian in particular? (Now starts looking at yet another hotel!)

Blueberry234 Thu 29-Oct-15 09:16:48

We stayed at animal kingdom lodge (just to throw another into the mix) preferred it to port Orleans

Hangingbasket14 Thu 29-Oct-15 10:08:03

Blueberry, I would love Animal Kingdom but it's out of budget unfortunately, we also like the fact that you can get a boat to Downtown from PO (2 young DC's)

howtorebuild Thu 29-Oct-15 10:15:35

You have a shorter journey on the bus and boat if staying in the FQ.

AimingForMediocre Thu 29-Oct-15 13:14:43

You do have a slightly shorter trip on the bus and boat, but usually you get picked up after Riverside meaning that the bus/boat has already filled up. They don't always share a bus, at peak times FQ gets its own.

AimingForMediocre Thu 29-Oct-15 13:17:43

Love the Polynesian for the location on the monorail, the Ohana restaurant, the dole whip, the kids club and the beach. It's v expensive though, so we choose Riverside instead. Its the best moderate level hotel before you make the jump to deluxe hotels.

Hangingbasket14 Thu 29-Oct-15 15:31:18

Thank you all for your feedback, need to book this week before the Disney dining offer ends!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now