Talk

Advanced search

South Africa Safari- capetown / East Cape region

(6 Posts)
LizardBreath Mon 17-Aug-15 11:54:20

Hiya,

We're just finalising our honeymoon plans for this dec (!).

Fly into capetown on 27th dec. We would then like to have a couple of days safari returning to Cape Town on 30th dec.

Torn between somewhere drive able from Cape Town airport, or flying to port Elizabeth and going somewhere around there. Possibly amakhala or kariega.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Or done similar?

Overall plan is safari 27th-30th,
Capetown 30th - 7th jan for cricket and general excursions
Wine region franschhoek / stellenbosch 7th - 12th jan.

It's the safari bit I'm struggling with though! As its honeymoon, I'd like a bit of luxury and hopefully pool/ maybe other things to do also?

Any experiences great fully received.

Heels99 Tue 18-Aug-15 09:00:38

Shamwari is fabulous for safari and plenty of other places near there too, is near port Elizabeth. I recommend Eagles crag lodge at shamwari if you want luxury but the main thing is the animals, you can do luxury on another part of your holiday, plenty of luxury hotels in cape town. Have a great time.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 18-Aug-15 09:04:05

Wine region is really very close to Cape Town my preference would be to stay at one of the lovely places around Stellenbosch and day trip into Cape Town.

jessicapearson Tue 18-Aug-15 09:13:23

We are flying into Cape Town then too! Not honeymoon but family holiday with 2 teens! We are only staying in Cape Town at the end of our trip tho' also for cricket, as it'll be out 3rd time there. We are driving along the garden route and stopping off at places we haven't been to before. We are going to Addo for our safari bit, which is near Port Elizabeth. There are lots of lovely 'honeymoon ' type places try I-escape. Com for ideas. However, I suggest you book up quickly as it is peak holiday season , I booked all ours back in March. Which reminds me I need to book the hire car....

gatewalker Tue 18-Aug-15 09:40:50

Go round Port Elizabeth -- I'd also recommend Shamwari. The reserves around Cape Town itself do not have the same feel as the animals are so recently introduced.

LizardBreath Tue 18-Aug-15 10:06:44

Thank you all so much!

Yeah we are aiming to book this week, turns out us talking about the trip a lot does not translate to booking blush wedding planning has taken much more time than we thought!

So would the general consensus be fly straight into port Elizabeth for safari in that area? I'll look at your safari recommendations later.

Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now