Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Three full days in Florida. What MUST we do?

(19 Posts)
NickiFury Sun 09-Aug-15 20:01:50

smile

Hulababy Sun 09-Aug-15 20:04:52

Whereabouts in Florida?
Who is in the party?
Do you like rides?

LucasNorthsTwiglets Sun 09-Aug-15 20:55:17

Book more days smile

NickiFury Sun 09-Aug-15 20:58:30

Sorry, Orlando. I thought I had put it in the title smile

Can't get any more days, sadly.

NickiFury Sun 09-Aug-15 21:00:38

Me and two children, 8 and 13. Love rides smile

sunnydaylucy Sun 09-Aug-15 21:01:35

No advice but marking my place. We have 4 full days I was hoping to get a 5 day multipark ticket but can't seem to find one?

BestIsWest Sun 09-Aug-15 21:08:38

Universal Studios. We were a bit underwhelmed by Disney but loved universal. Both Parks. Especially Spider-Man.

YoScience Sun 09-Aug-15 21:15:29

At those ages I'd do a day at universal, one at the Magic kingdom and one at the animal kingdom, I think. Although I did also love the Disney waterparks!

YesPleaseJohnSnow Sun 09-Aug-15 21:18:47

We were in orlando last month, oldest 2 dc 13 and 7. Most popular with them was universal/islands of adventure and Disney's animal kingdom. They also really enjoyed blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon. They weren't fussed for the magic kingdom and it's huge so you really need a few days there. Universal can be done in a day and so can animal kingdom.

NickiFury Sun 09-Aug-15 21:33:17

Is it best to buy theme park tickets direct from their website?

PrincessTheresaofLiechtenstein Sun 09-Aug-15 21:36:45

If you can do an overnight in a Universal hotel them you can get a package with park tickets for both parks and priority passes for many rides on BOTH days which is amazing. Will definitely get the best out of your time. Then maybe a water park on the 3rd day.

FortyCoats Sun 09-Aug-15 21:46:14

What genders?

Would they like a water park?

What are they interested in?
Animals
Science
Harry Potter
Movies

There's way too much to do so you need to narrow it down to what you absolutely don't want to pass up.

Goodbetterbest Sun 09-Aug-15 22:33:03

Do exactly what Princess said. Stay in a universal hotel, get a double park bonus ticket. And Fastpasses (so, so worth it!) You'll have an early start - straight to Harry Potter. Escape from Gringotts is the most awesome ride, get the Hogwarts express to Islands of Adventure and do the HP ride there. They are amazing. Loved both Universal parks. My youngest is 8 and hates all rides, my others (oldest 13) couldn't get enough.

My tip is of you don't get in early, do the park in reverse, so head right and do the Terminator etc, then work up to Simpsons and to HP that way.

We left there yesterday and spent today at Disneys Magic Kingdom. It is exactly like Disneyland Paris and we were very underwhelmed. After Universal it was a real anti climax. Had breakfast at the beasts castle and that was really good, but everything else was a bit 'meh'. Maybe we peaked too soon hmm

LucasNorthsTwiglets Mon 10-Aug-15 11:22:23

You don't get park tickets included with the Universal hotels though, I don't think, you just get the Express Passes. You still have to pay for park entrance.

Hulababy Mon 10-Aug-15 11:39:10

Harry Potter fans?

If so, then Universal is a most. I would do both of those. DD is 13y and they are her favourite parks these days. Probably a day in each - there are a lot of things to do for both ages in both parks. There is a nice water area in the Curious George section to cool off for a bit. You need a hopper ticket if you want to experience Hogwarts Express.

And then a day at Magic Kingdom. Even at 13y DD loves the magic of it all. It is similar to the DLP main park but larger and just put together so much better. If you wanted to squeeze a bit more in you could buy a hopper ticket and do one of the other Disney parks in the morning, and then MK in the afternoon/evening as it tends to sty open later than many of the other parks.

I wouldn't bother with a water park if only going for 3 days. The parks are far better imo/ime. We only do the water parks if there for a fortnight, not even if there for a week (then we do each park one day each.)

Disney and Universal hotels don't include park tickets unless you buy a special package.

OllyBJolly Mon 10-Aug-15 11:45:09

The best day we had was at Discovery Cove. discoverycove.com/ Everyone from 7 year old to 78 year old agreed it was our best day of the holiday. Expensive but worth it as a treat.

Universal Studios was probably the favoured park, although the 7 yo preferred Blizzard Beach.

Agree with above - if you haven't yet booked accommodation look at the Universal hotels for the front of line passes.

Lookingforwardtoholiday Sat 22-Aug-15 03:41:05

Another one really underwhelmed by magic kingdom, it really gas had it's day. Universal is amazing, we were blown away by all the Harry Potter stuff and we aren't HP fans. Absolutely loved Animal Kingdom too

woodhill Sat 22-Aug-15 04:02:08

went to Universal exhausting but fun, now in Naples, lovely and relaxed

woodhill Sat 22-Aug-15 04:02:40

Harry Potter was amazing especially the train

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now