Talk

Advanced search

Riviera Maya, Cuba or somewhere else?

(4 Posts)
TerrysNo3 Thu 06-Aug-15 22:35:40

We want to take a family holiday in April next year with our DCs who will be 7, 4 and 6 months. I would like a blend of culture / sightseeing and a total relax, probably AI for a week at the end. Obviously the trips need to be suitable for the kids although they are quite used to visiting new places.

I had been recommended Riviera Maya although I don't know anything about it and whether you can easily get some culture nearby (or do it as part of a multi-stop trip). My Dad recommended Cuba before it opens to the Americans and from researching it gets good reviews for being family friendly.

Has anyone been to either of these destinations and can recommend anything?

Thanks!

Siennasun Fri 07-Aug-15 21:14:05

I have been to Riviera Maya (we stayed in Playa del Carmen) and it was lovely, and I plan to take DS there but not until he's at least 8. There's loads of stuff that would be exciting for older kids:- snorkelling in cenotes and caves, diving, ancient pyramids in the jungle, whale shark watching trips, etc.

Heels99 Sun 09-Aug-15 10:12:22

Have taken my children to riviera maya twice age 6 and age 7.
For culture Google tulum ruins, coba, you can also get to chicken itza one of the manmade wonders of the world.
For nature it's fantastic, swimming with turtles at akumel beach, pelicans everywhere, coral reefs, jungle, snorkelling diving. Google xel -ha Eco park for a fun day out.
Love love riviera maya but have never been to Cuba so can't compare

Heels99 Sun 09-Aug-15 10:13:16

Stay near tulum on riviera maya its further from cancun but more peaceful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now