Talk

Advanced search

Mauritius hotels that you would recommend for families with teens.

(13 Posts)
ihatethecold Tue 04-Aug-15 07:54:58

We want to go next summer (end of July/start of August)
I know we should go to the north west area for the best weather.
Has anyone been and loved their hotel?
My kids will be 16 & 12.
We will want 2 rooms that can connect.
Thanks.

ihatethecold Tue 04-Aug-15 15:00:49

bump

MegMogandOwlToo Tue 04-Aug-15 15:10:44

Try looking at flic en flac, it has shops, restaurants, bars etc. if you are further north, the hotels are self contained and isolated, you'd need taxis everywhere.

Other option is the capital, port Louis but they are city hotels. Although on the harbour, there isn't a beach within walking distance.

MegMogandOwlToo Tue 04-Aug-15 15:14:14

PS - if you go at the end of July, early Aug, the weather won't be great, as winter is July-sept! It will be much cooler and definitely jumper/cardigan weather as it gets very windy.

ihatethecold Tue 04-Aug-15 16:47:28

Have you been at the end of July/August?
My friends go every August and they say the west coast is sheltered from the wind and it's like a summers day!
I'm nervous about going and the weathers not great.

AlternaTeen Tue 04-Aug-15 17:14:42

We went last August, stayed in the Grand Baie area but not in a hotel, so can't help you there, I'm afraid. Weather was fabulous and we even swam in the sea. Yes, it rained a couple of times, but no big deal. Shorts, t shirts with an extra, light layer for the evenings was absolutely fine.

ihatethecold Tue 04-Aug-15 17:26:17

Thanks AlternaTeen
Who did you fly with?

AlternaTeen Tue 04-Aug-15 17:49:38

Air Mauritius, but we don't live in the UK.

MegMogandOwlToo Tue 04-Aug-15 18:16:00

Yes I've been lots of times, I have family there.

Temp in August will be low 20s, which is cold for Mauritius! Sundown will be around 6pm too, so it will get dark and chilly early on. Definitely pack a jacket!
It will rain, but it's always very light showers and over quickly, so don't let that put you off. All the good hotels provide umbrellas in the rooms.

ihatethecold Tue 04-Aug-15 19:05:29

Thanks.

Siennasun Tue 04-Aug-15 20:15:05

We stayed in La Pirogue late August a couple of years ago. It's in Wolmar near Flic en Flac. There were teens and they seemed to enjoying themselves.
we had perfect weather.

ihatethecold Tue 04-Aug-15 20:18:03

I get the feeling that late August weather is better than early August?

Siennasun Tue 04-Aug-15 20:26:31

forgot to say that la pirogue was lovely, though not super-luxury. Has an amazing beach, lovely pool, the food was very good and the service was excellent. Lots of things for kids too. We went pre-DS but I'd like to take him back, maybe next year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now