Talk

Advanced search

Specific Disney Park Advice

(12 Posts)
NigellaEllaElla Sat 01-Aug-15 10:21:15

Hi,
I have 3 children aged 8, 6 and 4.

We are going to Florida in 3wks for 10 days and have booked Disney passes. I just wanted some advice on what not to miss at each of the parks, so I can prioritise and also what you would advise using out Fast Passes on?

Any help much appreciated.

ChestyNut Sat 01-Aug-15 15:30:44

We will be booking so far/
Toy story mania at Hollywood studios
7 dwarves mine train and maybe Anna and Elsa meet
Kilimanjaro safari at AK

We managed most other things ok without .

Likeaninjanow Sat 01-Aug-15 15:43:46

Magic Kingdom - 7 dwarves mine train, thunder mountain, splash mountain. We also liked the laughter floor.

Epcot - soarin, and mission space

Hollywood studios - if you have any dc who like frozen, loads of parades etc

Animal kingdom - finding Nemo the musical (Amazon), dinorama ride.

Likeaninjanow Sat 01-Aug-15 15:44:05

Amazon?? Amazing!

NigellaEllaElla Sat 01-Aug-15 22:52:06

Brilliant. Thanks so much.

spababe Fri 07-Aug-15 17:31:57

Disney Quest might be worth half a day as it is air conditioned and full of all those video games you normally refuse as they cost £1 but they are all free in Disney Quest. it should be included in your ticket. There is also a very cool pirate ship family game and a raft game.

spababe Fri 07-Aug-15 17:34:08

Don't miss the evening fireworks at MK even if you miss the ones at HS and Epcot (although I'd be trying to do them all) I realise your DC might be in bed. For the MK ones try to get a clear view of the castle as they project images onto this. We try to stand by the rose garden just to the right of main st.

spababe Fri 07-Aug-15 17:35:39

sorry just thought of another! in MK Philharmagic is great but you probably won't need to use a fast pass to get in. I would definitely FP Peter Pan though.

SomewhereIBelong Sun 09-Aug-15 08:54:55

Take advantage of the time difference - first 2 or 3 days up and out early, get to parks for rope drop - then you won't need FP for the first 2-3 hours... We would then go back to pool and eat and laze for 4 hours or so and go back to see the fireworks. (Did this when ours were little and it worked so well we do it still - have been 4 times now, going next April too so planning stage is underway!)

Studios - FP for Toy story Mania - if there are any left! and Star Tours (muppet vision and the great movie ride give opportunity to sit down for a longer period - lights motors action and Indiana Jones stunt show are great too - seated outdoors so not so comfortable, but fab shows!)

Epcot - FP Soarin, Mission space, turtle talk with crush (Ellens energy adventure, spaceship earth, and living with the land for sitting for a bit )

MK - Peter Pan and 7 dwarves(rarely any left after the 30 day window opens (on site stayers get 60 days to choose FP+) - you need to keep checking for people dropping them) and Buzz lightyear (loads of sit down opportunities - tomorrowland transit, railroad, riverboat)

AK - Safari ride (unless you got there early) (Sit downs - Festival of the lion king - not to be missed!and tough to be a bug - might scare little ones)

Am envious...

PandaMummyofOne Sun 09-Aug-15 08:59:00

Not sure about fast pass as it was introduced after I last went. But animal kingdom and Epcot are my absolute favourites. Disney studios you can really do in half a day. So we would do that in the morning, then spend the rest of the day at the water parks. I really recommend it.

If you're doing any other parks and budgets stretch I really recommend discovery cove. Worth every penny IMO.

mummytime Sun 09-Aug-15 09:20:41

My top tips are: pace yourself. Make use of early starts and evenings (not sure how late they will still be open then). But going back for a Siesta and swim in the middle of the day makes everything better.

Realise that water parks and swimming pools will close if there is a thunderstorm.

Take lots of water, and do ask for free iced water from most places, hydration is important.

Don't force anyone on a ride - do a swap if necessary - talk to the attendants.

If anything goes wrong, or you get bad service - do talk to customer services - they are great and it's much better than fuming.

(I'd stay away from Discovery Cove because of animal cruelty BTW).

SomewhereIBelong Sun 09-Aug-15 09:52:23

take a look HERE on the dibb for all your fastpass+ queries... and stay on the site, join the forums - a way to lose at least a fortnight before you go!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now