Borneo with an 8 month old

(3 Posts)
herbz100 Sun 26-Jul-15 14:36:36

Hi all,
We are traveling to KL in September but would like to go Borneo. Has anyone had experience with a young one? I can't seem to find much information on the net which makes me think it's not child friendly.
Is it safe in terms of malaria risk? Would we need to take precautions?
Also if it's safe could anyone suggest places to see and do considering we will have an 8 month child.
Our budget would be 3* and not shangri la unfortunately.

ShanghaiDiva Mon 27-Jul-15 13:10:23

Re malaria risk - it depends where you go. We didn't take tablets for Kota Kinabalu, but my son did when he went trekking there. Due to the risk of dengue you will need to ensure you use a deet spray. Some may not be suitable for very young children.
I prefer Kuching to KK and it is reasonable value. Lots to see and do- long houses, orang utans, kayaking, national parks, but not all suitable fir young children.

MilkyChops Mon 24-Aug-15 02:04:36

We are heading to borneo in a few weeks. We are staying in KK then doing a trip out to the orangutan sanctuary.

Our DS is nearly 6 months. We have a mosquito net for his stroller, high factor deet for us and his net. Be sensible about dawn/dusk. I think risk is more dependent on your activities. Jungle trekking maybe not worth the risk but marine national parks etc should be okay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now