Talk

Advanced search

Visa to bring nanny on holiday to Australia?

(5 Posts)
chocci21 Fri 24-Jul-15 16:36:14

I'm Australian and looking to have our nanny come back to Oz with me when I head back for holidays with a 4-5 month old + 3 year old. Thought it might be easier for the 24 hour flight as hubby will only be able to join me for 1-2 weeks towards the end, and have a bit of extra help when I'm in Oz.

Wondering if anyone knows what visa I'd have to apply for my nanny? She has indefinite leave to remain in the UK but is on a foreign passport. I had read through all the categories and it doesn't seem like any of the visas would allow her to visit Australia as my nanny.

Crutchlow35 Sun 26-Jul-15 08:08:44

There is a questionnaire thing on the government website that will tell you. Have you tried that?

chocci21 Tue 28-Jul-15 22:47:08

Thanks Crutchlow - I tried it last week but it said there were no visas available for what I was requesting. So was hoping someone else might have experience with this. I'm also planning to ring the consulate tomorrow for advicez

JellyTipisthebest Wed 29-Jul-15 06:32:47

Maybe a working holiday visa, but that might depend on what country she is from.

Nolim Wed 29-Jul-15 06:37:18

The country of origin is definitely a factor. I dont know about aus visas but since she will be going to do paid work a maybe business visa? That is the visa that you apply for if you go as part of your standard work i think. I dont know, do ring the consulate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now