Talk

Advanced search

New York Flight

(6 Posts)
TransvisionTramp Mon 20-Jul-15 15:31:47

Hi we're thinking of going to New York with our 2 DDs (6 and 3).
Apart from the in-flight entertainment, what do you recommend to keep them quiet entertained for 7 hours? I'm sure I've seen a thread about this but can't find it.
Am thinking of taking snacks etc as I've just read the food is not great for little ones. I guess sandwiches, fruit, crisps.

Any advice for keeping the difficult second sibling in their seat would also be welcome grin

Bunbaker Mon 20-Jul-15 15:38:34

If you take fruit you will have to leave any uneaten fruit on the plane as you aren't allowed to bring it into the US.

chairmeoh Mon 20-Jul-15 15:43:03

Usborne do sets of activity cards. Small and lots of quizzes, spot the difference etc. Search for '50 things to do on a plane'

We took a hudl for 7yo recently loaded with cartoons, fun maths quizzes, music etc.

To be honest, she was happy with the inflight films and looking out of the window.

We flew with American airlines and there was more than enough food which included bread rolls, cheese sticks etc so I didn't bother with snacks.

TransvisionTramp Mon 20-Jul-15 19:09:39

Thank you - I think the 6 yr old will be fine with the in flight films and games, it's more the 3 yr old I'm worried about.

Tooooooohot Wed 05-Aug-15 08:46:05

We used to buy those lucky dip bags that you got from woolworths -that shows my age! I'd buy some cheap crap from pound land to give to them on the flight and give them little presents every hour or something. You might want to take your own headphones for your kids as you only just get the standard headphones which may be too big and uncomfortable for them. Also much of this depend on who you fly with.

TransvisionTramp Wed 05-Aug-15 10:50:13

Thanks for your help. On our way to the airport now!
We've got them little play mobile things to give them hourly, their own headphones and are flying with Virgin (already checked the movies/TV) and they also give them "a backpack full of stuff". Going to pick up some boiled sweets for take off. Ready to go!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now