Talk

Advanced search

florida holidays

(6 Posts)
marsden2008 Wed 15-Jul-15 07:23:29

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me I'm planning to take my 2 kids to Orlando they will be 11 and 9 when we go I was just wondering if anyone has been lately and could give an idea of cost? And also I can really only go for 7 or 10 nights due to school holidays etc so I was wondering to just do universal sea life n water park etc and maybe just go disney for a day do u think this would be worth the trip? Thank you ��

AccordingToOurRecords Wed 15-Jul-15 07:31:18

I think it's one of those 'piece of string' questions regarding cost. It all depends on when you go, where you stay etc. As for where to visit, mine enjoyed Busch Gardens and Discovery Cove the best.

marsden2008 Wed 15-Jul-15 07:44:17

Yeah thanks I'm planning to go in october as I've heard it may be quieter lol I'm thinking they may enjoy Busch gardens n universal etc instead of Disney with them being a but older. I have stayed on international drive before but its many years ago and pre children lol thanks

LucasNorthsTwiglets Thu 23-Jul-15 22:35:21

If you can stand the heat then the crowds towards the end of August are quite low.

I would say do Universal & Disney (you can't do Florida without doing Disney!) and give SeaWorld a miss - it's a bit rubbish, tbh.

keentobemeagain Thu 23-Jul-15 22:48:43

Universal is amazing! You won't regret it. The kids will love it and it has way more fun and exciting rides than Disney. The weather is perfect in October (we've just been and it was ridiculously hot!) I can't recommend enough.

Ih34rtchocolate Fri 24-Jul-15 08:50:30

Definitely do Universal, but always go early! I would always advocate booking everything separately rather than a package deal...we've had some great deals on villas with pools booking last minute through vrbo/owners direct etc, but there are just the 2 of us so you may benefit from a package deal if they're offering deals for the children maybe?
We've been in May, June, August, October and December....all great for different reasons, i love December because I'm a Christmas fiend, but I love the heat of summer too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now