Talk

Advanced search

Best water park in Orlando in your opinion please?

(16 Posts)
NickiFury Sat 11-Jul-15 21:03:19

We have one day to spend at a water park, which do you recommend? Thanks smile

Groovee Sat 11-Jul-15 21:05:25

Our favourite is blizzard beach.

dingit Sat 11-Jul-15 21:06:43

Typhoon lagoon

pukkapine Sat 11-Jul-15 21:08:29

We preferred Blizzard Beach... but what are your dynamics? Ages of kids etc?

BloodyDogHairs Sat 11-Jul-15 21:10:17

Blizzard Beach for little ones.
Wet and Wild for family rides.

NickiFury Sat 11-Jul-15 21:11:25

They're 8 & 12, confident swimmers.

I had a look at the disney ones and couldn't seem to see tickets just for the water parks on line, they were collective tickets for the theme parks too. Can you just rock up on the day and get in?

FortyCoats Sat 11-Jul-15 21:12:49

Depends on age of children I think. I've only been to TL and discovery cove (which is a lovely day out but more suited to older kids I'd say)

Aquatica is the newest one and looks pretty good. Not sure about food/facilities etc though.

I'm so jealous btw. Haven't been since 2008.

NickiFury Sat 11-Jul-15 21:15:45

We will only he there for four days but have been before when we did all the theme parks. Also did Disneyland Paris last year so concentrating on universal this time.

Orlando Disney/Universal is my favourite place in the whole world smile

Hulababy Sat 11-Jul-15 21:17:18

13y likes Typhoon Lagoon best. She's always liked the wave pool there and also lots of the slides.

Kbear Sat 11-Jul-15 21:17:59

Aquatica or Typhoon Lagoon

Silverturnip Sat 11-Jul-15 21:23:43

We found typhoon lagoon a bit disappointing tbh. Didn't do any other, heard aquatica good.

BloodyDogHairs Sat 11-Jul-15 21:45:07

You can pay at the gate, I was there last month (Typhoon lagoon and Blizzard beach) and I took a look at the prices and remember thinking it was expensive paying once you arrive especially if the weather turns bad.

Mytholmroyd Sat 11-Jul-15 21:49:57

Aquatica if you don't care about massive slides. The river rapids (like a very fast lazy river) were a big hit with our DC - they have life jackets for free if you need them or want to just float round. You can buy food bands which are all you can eat and drink all day which was well worth it - kids could just go get a drink whenever they wanted.

Liked Typhoon Lagoon also.

NickiFury Sat 11-Jul-15 22:01:15

I've looked and I think we are going to go for Aquatica. We went to Discovery Cove before and I am really leaning towards going again........really expensive though!

FloristHump Mon 13-Jul-15 19:12:59

We loved aquatica!

LucasNorthsTwiglets Thu 23-Jul-15 22:37:27

Another vote for Acquatica!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now