Talk

Advanced search

Thailand villas - cheap but naice?

(12 Posts)
Aked Tue 07-Jul-15 17:10:40

We have the chance to go to Thailand next year, flights are accommodated for so I want to try and find a villa if possible. People always say that there are lovely villas to be found that are also pretty cheap. Is this a myth? And if not, how do I go about finding and booking one?!

Any recs for area also appreciated. DC will be 8 and 5 and we are hoping to go in the Easter holidays.

yallahabibi Wed 08-Jul-15 04:33:06

There are 1000s of villas for rent with great prices. I trawled through holiday lettings, flipkey and owners direct but many links send you to individual agencies. We went to quiet Nai Harn in the south of Phuket last year and booked with flipkey. This year we are going to Kamala .The villas are indeed cheap and lovely. Like anywhere sea views or beach access ups prices but staying off the coast even though it could be walking distance from a beach makes the prices lower.

spatchcock Wed 08-Jul-15 04:35:34

Try airbnb. We are in a hot location right now (not Thailand though) and we got an incredible deal on a villa just by asking for a discount.

MyFriendsCallMeOh Wed 08-Jul-15 14:40:25

I own a villa in a quiet part of Koh Samui, in the gulf of Thailand. This area has their two monsoon seasons in May and November so if you are already avoiding these seasons, it would be an ideal destination. My villa sleeps 6, has private and shared pool and is 30 meters from the beach, no roads to cross. We are on airbnb, holidaylettings, homeaway and 5* rated on trip advisor. Pm me if you are interested.

ihatethecold Sun 12-Jul-15 20:57:39

What part of Koh Samui is your villa in?
I'm very interested in going to choeng mon next July.
Thanks

MyFriendsCallMeOh Mon 13-Jul-15 09:22:37

It's Bang Por beach on the western end of the north coast, not Choeng Mon. Do pm me if you are interested in Bang Por.

ihatethecold Mon 13-Jul-15 10:19:26

Thanks, I will have a look on a map, Ive not been before so I'm not sure of locations on the island.

ihatethecold Mon 13-Jul-15 12:28:44

have Pm'd you

Aked Tue 14-Jul-15 17:28:43

Thanks everyone, forgot I'd started this thread!

Myfriends - thanks. I will pm you smile

ihatethecold Tue 14-Jul-15 18:28:39

Aked. Her villa looks very nice.

JaWellNoFine Tue 14-Jul-15 18:44:14

No villa but my lovely niece has a guest house...

m.facebook.com/lunaguesthousechiangmai?_rdr

Aked Thu 16-Jul-15 10:46:55

Thank you Jawell.

Both places look beautiful.

I showed the kids some pics of Thailand and asked if they'd like to go next year. The 8 yr old's response? Are there sharks and what is the pollen count?

Honestly. He doesn't even get hayfever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now