Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Guaranteed sunshine end Nov?

(4 Posts)
cathcustard Sun 05-Jul-15 17:08:28

DH & I have a DC free week.
We're reasonably well travelled but I'm stuck on ideas.
We'd consider the Canaries but I can't find a suitable hotel.
The Caribbean is doable for a week but only if we fly direct, never been to Barbados but plenty of flights.
Ruled out the Indian Ocean because a 12 hour flight is too long for a short holiday.
The Red Sea looks like a bargain but I don't feel comfortable with all the high security.
There are some lovely beach resorts in the Oman which could be a possibility.
We like small, upmarket hotels with a great beach and tennis.
Any ideas?

SteveBrucesNose Sun 05-Jul-15 17:17:03

The shangri La Oman would be awesome. There's some fab hotel resorts around salalah in Oman too, however this would be an internal flight from Muscat and is fairly near the Yemen border, which puts us off at the moment.

Have a look at the UAE but not dubai - nothing like the small hotels you're after not that the shangrila Muscat is small! but perhaps banyan tree ras Al khaimah or zighy bay. Or maybe Fujairah, has some nice resorts but again would be a bit of a drive/internal flight from dubai. Anantara sir baniyas Island in Abu Dhabi, or anantara qasr Al sarab which is in the middle of the desert, again abu dhabi

cathcustard Sun 05-Jul-15 17:22:09

Thanks Steve the SS Zinghy ticks all the boxes but is coming in at £7K for a week which is just too much.
Will have a look at the others, cheers.

mummymeister Tue 07-Jul-15 15:43:22

Florida keys? fly into Miami, short drive down. have some fantastic hotels there and the weather will be perfect in November.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now