Talk

Advanced search

October 3k 2 adults - where would you go?

(17 Posts)
MargolottaOfUberwold Wed 01-Jul-15 15:41:58

DH and I have had a horrible year with 2 MCs, we have decided to go on holiday in October, but not sure where to go.

Tempted by the Occidental Xcaret, but went to Mexico on honeymoon a few years ago and not sure if it will live up to it.

Would like to do all inclusive so we don't have to budget when there.

any suggestions?

ALittleFaith Wed 01-Jul-15 15:49:23

I'd go for AI in the canaries. Weather should still be hot then but not too hot! We stayed at club magic life a couple of years ago in Jandia, Fuerteventura.

MargolottaOfUberwold Wed 01-Jul-15 15:56:09

Thanks Faith.

I think we would prefer to go further afield if we can make it work with the budget

QuiteLikely5 Wed 01-Jul-15 16:00:56

Go to Mexico. For 3k between 2 people you will get a great hotel.

MargolottaOfUberwold Wed 01-Jul-15 16:18:50

Any recommendations Quite?

budgiegirl Wed 01-Jul-15 18:32:31

I loved Mexico, we stayed at Excellence Riviera in Puerto Morelos, it was amazing, and should be in budget if you shop around. However, I might be a bit wary of visiting any of the Mexican Caribbean in October, as it is still hurricane season.

A friend of mine got caught in a hurricane in Mexico in October, and had a miserable time. The hotel was all boarded up and they had to stay indoors for 3 days.

Perhaps the west coast of Mexico would be better that time of year. Or maybe a cruise out of San Juan, or Miami, as if a hurricane does hit, they are pretty good at changing itineraries and avoiding the storms. And there are lots of offers at the moment where drinks are included, so it is effectively an all-inclusive !

MargolottaOfUberwold Wed 01-Jul-15 19:51:06

Anyone have any thoughts on Asia?

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 01-Jul-15 20:06:57

Bali.

MargolottaOfUberwold Wed 01-Jul-15 20:59:00

has anyone been to Cape Verde?

mummymeister Fri 03-Jul-15 10:39:03

Belize, Belize and Belize. we had a fantastic time there. the weather would be perfect late October. they speak English, no need for anti malarials or lots of jabs, mayan ruins, jungle, snorkelling in turquoise waters and not over run with uk tourists either. I would go back there in a minute if I could.

lionheart Fri 03-Jul-15 11:29:00

Sounds lovely, mummymeister.

budgiegirl Fri 03-Jul-15 13:36:18

Bali is lovely, a beautiful and exotic place. The paddy fields are stunning.
The people are great too.

MargolottaOfUberwold Fri 03-Jul-15 14:30:05

Belize sounds amazing Mummy, and i speak fluent spanish, so english not necessary. However I can't find any packages going there. Did you book it yourself?

ShanghaiDiva Wed 08-Jul-15 06:00:32

Vietnam - Hanoi and Sapa (in the north) will be dry then. You can take the overnight train between the two and believe there is now a coach option too, which operates during the day. Halong Bay is only 3-4 hours by road from Hanoi so easy to add to the trip too.

ShanghaiDiva Wed 08-Jul-15 06:02:10

Sorry, my recommendation is probably not suitable for AI. Might be worth looking at Hoi An in centre of Vietnam for that - but not sure what the weather is like there in October.

WaitingForEgg Wed 08-Jul-15 06:55:27

Mexico. We have been a few times AI 5* and loved it. Pretty reasonable prices for long haul an brilliant customer service

mummymeister Thu 09-Jul-15 09:48:48

Yes, Margot we booked it ourselves and it was pretty straightforward. I used the tripadvisor Belize forum. there are a couple of belize based travel agents on there who regularly post views tacogirl and hopefulist are both really helpful posters and tacogirl is a travel agent as well . We booked our flights through skyscanner - you can either go via the USA or into Mexico and take a bus. Belize mainland is only 5 or 6 hours drive end to end. or you can fly into Mexico and take the boat over to Ambergris Caye ( la isla bonita in the Madonna song!!) we pulled together our own package with a hire car and 2 different jungle lodges on the mainland and a luxury hotel/apartment on Ambergris Caye. we split the trip into thirds and this worked well. If you pm me I will send you all the details of where we stayed etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now