Talk

Advanced search

Oz flight...car seat or bassinet, Malaysia Airlines

(5 Posts)
thehairybabysmum Wed 15-Nov-06 11:53:18

Im flying to Oz with Malaysia Airlines. Have paid for an extra seat for DS (12 months when we travel) and currently have a car seat booked as we have paid for a seat for him. i have two q's.

1. Should i try and book bassinet to get bulkhead seats...as well as or instead of car seat?? Does anyone know what weight/size MAS bassinets go up to??

2. when i booked car seat i went for our new forward facing one as assumed he would have grown out of infant carrier by then. He actually still fits rear facing infant carrier so am now not sure which car seat to take. Infant carrier easier for us as is smaller and will click onto the buggy, but FF seat will prob be more comfy for the bub.

Sorry its long, anyone any experience of both...any suggestions???

hitchcock Thu 08-Feb-07 15:09:17

most airlines state that car seats have to be forward facing. also there is a website that gives that info on sky cots etc will just find it

hitchcock Thu 08-Feb-07 15:24:17

www.seatguru.com sorry cant do links there is another one if you type in google babies flying there is a good web site ....i find it

hitchcock Thu 08-Feb-07 15:38:25

www.babys1stflight.com
hope that helps

teabags Fri 09-Feb-07 09:39:26

you will have to use a FF seat I think. (Perhaps you can take rear facing as well and put it under with the luggage?)
I def recommend trying to reserve the bulk head seats as well as using the car seat, even if you don't end up using the bassinet. That's what we did. Gives you a bit more room and no need to worry about your DS kicking the seat in front etc.(Not sure about MAS but bassinets I've seen on other airlines are pretty smnall. I'd have had no hope fitting my ds in one at 12mths. He barely fitted in it at 7mths).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »