Mauritius over may half term

(5 Posts)
ladybirdpoppy Mon 15-Jun-15 07:34:08

Has anyone visited Mauritius over may half term, looking for 2016 which would be late may\early June. I have read that it is cooler than our winter but drier and windy on the east coast, the west is best to stay but many of the family hotels are in the east. Many thanks.

Heels99 Mon 15-Jun-15 09:39:24

Yes!
Went for May half term and the week before in 2014. Weather was lovely, hot but not sweltering, a few rain showers. Definitely not cooler than our winter! She did you hear that?!
It was 22-29 degrees, may need a cardigan on some evenings. We had a great time, kids loved it, we did lots of trips out. We stayed at the maritim hotel was fab.
Breakfast in the beach whilst Dolphins swam past, lovely memories.
Fly with Emirates don't go with air mauritius even though they fly direct.

ladybirdpoppy Mon 15-Jun-15 18:44:41

Many thanks heels99. I don't like it too hot around 25-27 is comfortable for me, plus can do other activities without getting really sweaty ! I have been looking at Emirates as they fly from Manchester via Dubai. The jetlag may not be too bad either. Did you stay on the west or east coast?

grabaspoon Mon 15-Jun-15 18:47:51

We stayed on the west coast - used airbnb instead of a hotel though.

Heels99 Mon 15-Jun-15 18:55:28

West I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now