Talk

Advanced search

Flights from UK to Boston... good airlines/travel agents/websites?

(10 Posts)
chocolateyay Tue 26-May-15 19:19:01

Any tips, please?

HRHsherlockssextoy Tue 26-May-15 19:27:53

Try skyscanner it will tell you the cheapest way to get there

I don't think there are bad airlines to fly to Boston. U.S. airlines has been taken over by American.

EldonAve Wed 27-May-15 17:03:24

We usually fly Virgin or BA

Hulababy Wed 27-May-15 17:21:09

We flew home from Boston with Virgin. Tbh though we usually do all our long haul flights via Virgin, just standard economy. Never had any issues.

chocolateyay Tue 02-Jun-15 13:53:00

Does anyone know the difference in booking a Virgin flight or a Delta-flying-Virgin?

I've seen some flights listed - same flight (number and times etc), teensy difference in price, but one listed Delta and one Virgin.

ihearttc Tue 02-Jun-15 18:33:00

They are code share flights. We have just come back from Dubai with Emirates but some people were booked with Quantas.

Canyouforgiveher Tue 02-Jun-15 18:38:41

if you have to connect (like flying from edinburgh for example) consider connecting through Dublin - most flights do immigration in Dublin which really speeds things up on the other end.

Pushka2 Tue 09-Jun-15 16:47:49

As well as Skyscanner, also try Kayak.

I've flown Delta and Virgin on codeshare and I actually quite like Delta. Last time I flew Virgin to Orlando in economy it was awful. I'm trying them out again this summer to the West coast so I'm hopeful following Hulababy's comment.

I've also flown United and US Airways to the US and they were fine too. For the summer holidays, I'd go for the cheapest direct flight or one with a short connection ie Dublin as suggested above.

WingsofNylon Sat 20-Jun-15 08:09:52

I've just come back from Boston. Weflew aer lingus via Dublin. It was okay but not great In terms of cabin ccrew service but it is fabulous to clear US customs while still in Dublin. Flights were a good price and good times.

HermioneWeasley Sat 20-Jun-15 08:16:02

Call dial a flight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now