We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Beach destination between Shanghai and UK?

(10 Posts)
alwayshavepeckham Thu 30-Apr-15 19:55:56

DH will be working out in China for a couple of months. The plan is that we'll meet for a week's holiday in the middle.
Any ideas where? I've looked at Langkawi but the return travel time for me is 18+ hours which is too long for 7 days.
Probably not BK because again the in transit time to Phuket & the islands is too much.

alwayshavepeckham Thu 30-Apr-15 19:58:31

Sorry, forgot to add, should be with BA preferably.

ooerrmissus Thu 30-Apr-15 20:00:52

Dubai?

alwayshavepeckham Thu 30-Apr-15 20:08:40

Thanks ooerr, Dubai has never been on my radar but the flights are very reasonable. Have you been? I imagine guaranteed sunshine in November.

ooerrmissus Thu 30-Apr-15 21:32:16

Just come back from Dubai. Constant sunshine, November will be perfect warm not too hot. We were at the Atlantis which I highly recommend, great for families.

ShanghaiDiva Fri 01-May-15 15:07:39

Dubai is 10 hours flying time direct from Shanghai with Emirates so should be quite straightforward for your DH.
Vietnam would be easy from Shanghai (danang/ Hoi an) for beaches, but not sure how easy it is from UK. Journey would be relatively short for your husband.
Beach resorts are not very developed in Cambodia, but Siem reap is amazing.
What about Sri Lanka?
Alternatively come to China!

theworriedfather Tue 05-May-15 22:32:17

I highly recommend the Maldives. Expensive, but the best beaches I have ever been to and roughly halfway for you.

CatsCantFlyFast Tue 05-May-15 22:33:56

Maldives, Mauritius, Sri Lanka are all options

alwayshavepeckham Thu 07-May-15 07:00:48

Thanks for the suggestions. Sri Lanka is off bc I can't fly direct with BA. We've been to Mauritius a lot so currently looking at The Maldives and Dubai. Thanks.

tonsattingforbjudes Sat 09-May-15 19:28:02

Oman....much nicer than Dubai IMHO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now