Talk

Advanced search

Best time to go to New Zealand?

(5 Posts)
jasminesky Thu 30-Apr-15 12:45:53

Any suggestions? smile I was tentatively thinking of November/December.

If anyone can recommend any cheap flights (one adult) that would be brilliant ...

NannyR Thu 30-Apr-15 21:20:15

I went for march/april a couple of years ago (autumn?). The weather was lovely and it wasn't too busy. It was a great place to travel solo, the hostels were nice and I used the coach network to visit all the must see tourist sights.

On my second trip I went for a month in August, I rented a car for the whole month and did a lot of the "off the beaten track" stuff on the north island.

toomanywheeliebins Thu 30-Apr-15 21:24:16

Just went end of feb- beg April. Weather on whole stunning and v chilled. We didn't book and we almost always got first choice accommodation/ campsites

WilliamShatnersPants Fri 01-May-15 10:52:59

Best months for consistent hot weather are February and March. January is also good, and November - December could go either way. How long will you be coming out for, and what kind of weather are you hoping for?

NZ is surrounded by water and very susceptible to changeable conditions. He song four seasons in one day was actually written about melbourne, but should have been about auckland!

ShanghaiDiva Fri 01-May-15 14:59:24

Have had great weather there in December, particularly in Nelson, but went last year tin December and weather was appalling - really wet, and not much warmer than when I visited in August.
Might be better to visit in February when the kids are back at school.
Have only ever flown there with Cathay, not cheap, but good airline with decent service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now