Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone travelled with a pram with Air France??

(8 Posts)
Ellie2elysia Sun 18-Jan-15 22:45:22

I am struggling to find a pram that's fits the ridiculous dimentsions that Air France accept!! Has anyone flew with a buggy with them and know what I can and can't take!!!?? I've searched everywhere for a small enough pram but even the cheap uncomfortable flimsy thin ones are too long in length!!?

Rant over.

Choccywoccydodah Mon 19-Jan-15 21:02:49

I can't believe they have dimensions for a buggy!
I've flown with the cheap airlines and they don't have a weight or size limit!
We took a quinny zapp for ds. I'd give them a ring as it doesn't sound right to me to have a limit.

Ellie2elysia Mon 19-Jan-15 21:31:33

I can't believe it either and the measurements are so ridiculous! It's driving me mad and it's my first time travelling on my own with a 6 month old panicking haha

sandgrown Mon 19-Jan-15 21:34:41

Yes and they lost our buggy which reappeared after some hours but it was a cheap umbrella type buggy .

JellyTipisthebest Tue 20-Jan-15 00:25:49

I would email them as when you look on the website there is a link their shopping page and a buggy and it doesn't fit their rules.

lunar1 Tue 20-Jan-15 02:51:28

I borrowed my friends tiny mclarren, when I checked it in they didn't even look at it I was just told to put it in the cage with all the others, none of which were as small as the measurements I was given. No idea if any of them were charged though.

Want2bSupermum Tue 20-Jan-15 02:59:10

Hiya. We have a maclaren techno for travel. It's only been from Scandinavia that the stroller is checked through. Did the trip with KLM through schripol with the baby jogger city select with a car seat and 2nd seat. They were great about it. SAS were awful and insisted we checked it through. They then bent the frame, broke a wheel and snapped the handle.

The mountain buggy nano does fit in the overhead and it's about $150 new. I would try to find 2nd hand maclaren. Mine was $12.

Want2bSupermum Tue 20-Jan-15 03:01:25

Air Canada has severe limits which is why we ended up with the maclaren. When I got there everyone had huge proper prams! Was very annoyed as was bumped from the direct flight to Vancouver to connecting through Montreal.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: