Talk

Advanced search

California coast monterey, or Santa Cruz...

(4 Posts)
Dinkydoos Fri 09-Jan-15 18:00:43

Hello, have another thread in this topic but thought I would separate this question out!
Currently have a big itinerary, which after SF and yosemite, goes onto 2 nights monterey then a night at madonna inn, then 2 in Santa Barbara before last 2 in LA.
Am now wondering whether to change my 2 nights in monterey for 2 in Santa Cruz... Or one in each.
Am sort of stuck on these locations as tons of holiday inn points to use.
I have been to both monterey and Santa Cruz before but it was 20 years ago so can't remember loads!
I would probably prefer places like Cayucos and morro bay, but that would mean paying for hotels which I wouldn't have to in monterey, Santa Cruz and Santa Barbara.
So monterey or Santa Cruz ? Any of you local mumsnetter shave any pointers ( or lovely cheap hotels in Cayucos etc!)
grin

RozTheSchnoz Fri 09-Jan-15 18:40:18

We visited both places on honeymoon 3 years ago. Would definitely stick with Monterey - prettier, nice restaurants and more character - in our opinion! And the aquarium is brilliant! smile

Heels99 Sat 10-Jan-15 08:59:22

Monterey lovely. Morro bay disappointing, large power station, or used to be. Santa Barbara my fave. Stop at Hearst castle on route

Yogamuminahottent Sat 24-Jan-15 19:04:29

Monterey definitely - i remember Santa Cruz being a little too edgy, especially as we were there Spring Break!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: