Talk

Advanced search

Flight to Vancouver in August - are they likely to increase as time gets closer or not?

(11 Posts)
ggirl Thu 08-Jan-15 19:35:31

£738 atm

caroldecker Thu 08-Jan-15 20:07:53

Nowadays flights only get more expensive - package deals can change however

ggirl Thu 08-Jan-15 21:05:44

thanks-it's just flights we're interested in

rookiemere Fri 09-Jan-15 20:36:39

Who's it with?

If it's Air Transat I was looking at them as well, they seem to go right down in price a couple of weeks before departure, but you'd really have to hold your nerve for that one, plus you'd need to book your accommodation in advance for that time of year.
We caved and bought them before Christmas - annoyingly they don't seem to have gone up in price since then.

DWismyfavouriteaardvark Fri 09-Jan-15 23:34:05

Westjet who just launched here a few months ago and fly from Glasgow doing them for circa £559 if that helps...

ggirl Sat 10-Jan-15 09:29:35

Yes looking at Air Transat , unfortunately don't live in Glasgow , opposite end of country.
Not sure we could hold out until a few weeks before...that would take some nerve
We're visiting my brother so don't need accommodation fortunately.

DWismyfavouriteaardvark Sat 10-Jan-15 18:52:40

Aw shame... I had an option on flights to Vancouver for £450 per person including tax ex Glasgow for the last week in June 2015 once the Scottish schools finish up for the year. Couldn't believe the price but it was on launch day for WestJet. However, we reckoned the Vancouver temperature would be the same as Scotland for that time of year so passed up on it.

There have been some fab flight prices for 2015 ex Scotland compared to 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 and I am paying less than I paid in 2011 to go to America this year.

Have just looked again on Kayak across August out of London to YVR and see prices from £550. Might be worth you looking again. Wed and Thurs departures are cheaper but you might not be that flexible.

ggirl Sat 10-Jan-15 19:54:06

Thank you that's a great site

DWismyfavouriteaardvark Sat 10-Jan-15 20:47:37

And I take it you know skyscanner as well?
Fingers crossed you can save some £. Keep us posted.

mummymeister Mon 12-Jan-15 08:42:29

delete your cookies each and every time you search for a flight. or search on a computer that you have never searched on before and see the difference in cost. I think £738 for august sounds reasonable. just wouldn't hold out for the price to go down because the gove changes to school holidays in term time mean that there are a lot, lot more people with kids looking then than in previous years.

Fortysix Mon 12-Jan-15 09:21:13

Yes and even with oil prices way down it might take many, many months for this to translate to lower prices for airlines.

From what I can remember aviation fuel is negotiated literally months in advance and so it could easily take up to a year to impact. That being said carriers are unlikely to lower the prices for peak school holiday time so a decision sooner rather than later might be the best bet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now