Talk

Advanced search

Orlando - no car - is international drive the best place to stay?

(5 Posts)
GlaxayBites Fri 02-Jan-15 18:43:51

I've been to Orlando before, stayed in a villa with car hire with family when the dc were younger.

Would like to go back on my own with teen dd however I can't drive so we would rely on transport. Don't think we would do disney but universal (harry potter!) would be a must. Those who have been without car hire would you recommended an area/hotel?

Does the i-trolley actually go as far as the parks or just up and down I-drive.

FitzChivalry Fri 02-Jan-15 20:33:05

Hi. The trolley goes right to sea world gates and goes to universal if you get the (I think) green line. Then you have to walk a little bit to the entrance, probably 5 - 10 min.

We've stayed in Rosen pointe orlando. I liked that hotel, it was nice and central, and it also had shuttles to universal. It isn't fancy, but a nice base.

Also the Lynx buses are good, timetables on Google, think it's $2 single and they do a weekly ticket $16 I think.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Fri 02-Jan-15 20:37:51

Yes easily doable on international drive. I've stayed at coco keys water park hotel, pointe Orlando and a Hilton. All were good. The I trolley bus was great. It takes you up and down the length of international drive. Lots of hotel provide transport to universal and the water parks. We used taxi mini buses to disney they dropped us at the ferry across the lake from the main gate.

I found it really easy to get around
Without a car and prefer doing the parks that way. We eat on the way back from the parks getting off the trolley bus where we fancied eating.

soupey1 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:09:30

If you are only going Universal what about one of the onsite hotels, there is now a new budget one. Otherwise I Drive is good for Universal or Lake Buena Vista for Disney.

GlaxayBites Fri 02-Jan-15 22:30:07

Brilliant thanks all, sounds totally doable then staying on i-drive.

I'll start pricing up some places. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now