Talk

Advanced search

Dubai

(8 Posts)
chubbymummy Mon 29-Dec-14 16:33:01

DH, DS and I are having 8 nights in Dubai in Summer.
We will be staying near the Dubai Mall for 4 nights and at Atlantis on the Palm for 4 nights.
The beginning of the holiday will involve sight seeing, then during our stay at Atlantis we won't really be going off site much as we have access to the aquarium and water park.
I plan to book tickets for attractions before we go so that we will mainly only need money for food, drinks and taxis. We have no food or drink included at either hotel.
I would really appreciate any advice about how much we are likely to spend on food and drink during the 9 days we are in Dubai (especially during our time staying at Atlantis). DH and I would like to be able to have a few drinks and treat DS to ice creams etc. I don't want to feel that we are watching every penny because we haven't saved enough money up in advance.

TarquinMoriartyGruntfuttockII Mon 29-Dec-14 22:15:06

When you say the summer, what dates are you talking about?

MozzchopsThirty Mon 29-Dec-14 22:18:39

Yes what do you mean 'summer'?

Is there a possibility to book a club room?
That's what I always do and it's usually slightly more expensive but you get breakfast, afternoon tea and evening buffet with drinks, totally worth it

I love dubai and am going again in March, can't wait

peppapigonaloop Mon 29-Dec-14 22:27:42

We stayed at the atlantis recently..it is pretty expensive.. If you can get an imperial room you do get extras- breakfast, evening cocktails and nibbles etc also a kids club session I think. All of the restaurants/drinks are pretty pricey otherwise..
I think 3 ice creams by the pool came close to £10...

How old is your DS? And what are you planning to book in advance?

chubbymummy Wed 31-Dec-14 11:48:34

We are staying 4 nights at the end of July and 4 nights in August (stop overs). DS will be 10.
I'll see if we can upgrade to the imperial club rooms.
I was planning to book and pay for day trips in advance.

chubbymummy Wed 31-Dec-14 16:57:55

peppapigonaloop Thu 01-Jan-15 11:46:46

It will be VERY hot at that time of year. We were there in July a few years ago and it was pushing 50c..

I would hold off booking any day excursions until you are there..you might find it is way to hot to do anything but lie in the pool and at that time of year they shouldn't be busy as most expats/tourists clear out over the summer months to escape the heat..

Atlantis has a fab water park which should keep your ten year old entertained and you get free access with an imperial room so def worth upgrade for that..

TarquinMoriartyGruntfuttockII Thu 01-Jan-15 18:56:57

As Peppa says it will be extremely hot then. We are used the heat but even we try not to be here at that time of year and if we are then we stay in the air conditioning and try not to go outside if we can help it.

Food in the malls if you go to food courts is reasonable. We feed 5 of us for around 130 aed (£20-25). Then as you go up the scale with the different restaurants. Can be anywhere between 250-1000 aed depending whether you go for Chillis or Katsuya.

Not eaten at Alantis but when we had a round of soft drinks there and we paid an absolute fortune (500 aed or there abouts if I remember correctly.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now