Talk

Advanced search

Disney and Universal; villa or Disney hotel? And which ones?

(6 Posts)
MissBeehiving Fri 26-Dec-14 18:47:52

Florida novice here smile We're going in October with our DSs (6 and 11) - only a week so just planning on doing Disney and Universal.

We'd planned to stay at Universal for a couple of nights and rent a villa for the remainder but I now wonder whether it would be better to stay at Disney as well?

Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

dancemom Fri 26-Dec-14 18:53:53

If you are only going for one week I would stay on site. It's a big ask to do universal and disney in just one week so staying on site would give you EMH and cut down on travelling time.

Some people stay at Universal to get early entry to their parks but alternatively it's not far from disney and you can get a taxi or shared minibus easily enough.

soupey1 Fri 02-Jan-15 22:12:16

Yep if only one week (which really isn't enough for Disney and Universal), then I would agree a couple of days onsite at Universal and the rest onsite at Disney.

Costacoffeeplease Fri 02-Jan-15 22:21:05

I think it might be difficult to get a villa for less than a week, so another yes to staying on site

Sonoma Sat 03-Jan-15 23:05:31

Universal - def stay on site and the closest/nicest is the hard rock. Try to get a newly renovated room (eg6th floor). You get inclusive express on many rides (non Harry Potter) and the extra early hour is useful for the non-express busier rides, eg gringotts.
I recommend Disney bay lake tower at contemporary resort (walking distance to Magic Kingdom and on monorail for everywhere else) unless you think you will spend more time in the other parks. Large suite style rooms, quite new, and with a kitchen/laundry facilities in room. Book direct with disney and don't forget to get your fast passes online as soon as you do smile

Sonoma Sat 03-Jan-15 23:07:17

Ps we did 4 nights disney and 3 hard rock as part of a longer trip - it is no hassle to move and quite nice to have a change and different scene in my view.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now