Talk

Advanced search

Beverly Hills and Santa Monica hotel recommendations

(19 Posts)
MsVanRein Sat 06-Dec-14 19:28:19

Anyone have good hotel recommendations for Beverly Hills and Santa Monica?

This is part of our Honeymoon trip so budget is reasonable, but want to get the most out of our money at the same time! I like high-end, luxury generally and more so as its a special trip, whereas DP couldn't really care less so we will probably both do a bit of compromising in that respect!

Only1scoop Sat 06-Dec-14 19:32:07

I stayed many years ago at Shutters on the Beach. It was lovely. Not a great lover of SM area really so I'd personally only stay a few nights there.

Happy Honeymoon smile

MsVanRein Sat 06-Dec-14 19:41:01

Only1 Shutters on the Beach has been recommended to me by someone else and does look lovely, thanks for recommendation.

SM is a few days on the end of a triple centre holiday so I reckon we will be mainly relaxing at the pool, drinking and eating and not much else by that stage.

Only1scoop Sat 06-Dec-14 19:43:33

Well that sounds just perfect ....

Where else are you going?....

Just being nosey blushgrin

MsVanRein Sat 06-Dec-14 20:11:50

So far we have a lose itinerary, we are planning on flying to Vegas, then internal flights to San Francisco. Then driving from SF to LA - we are having one night stop over in San Luis Obispo on the way. Then Beverly Hills for a few nights before finishing off in SM.

MsVanRein Sat 06-Dec-14 20:12:49

*loose

Costacoffeeplease Sat 06-Dec-14 20:28:39

Another vote for Shutters, the best, most comfortable bed and pillows I have ever slept in

In LA we stayed at the Beverley Hilton, which was great and where they hold the Golden Globes each year, very close to Rodeo Drive

Have a great time!

Only1scoop Sat 06-Dec-14 20:33:26

Sounds great....love St Louis O....great little place.

Enjoy

MsVanRein Sat 06-Dec-14 21:04:30

Oh Costa Shutters sounds like a winner then! I know it's in a great location as well.

We are looking at The Beverly Hills Hotel for La but I don't want to spend the extra money unless it's definitely worth it as I have a feeling I will need as much spending money as I can get my hands on!

Costacoffeeplease Sat 06-Dec-14 21:12:47

Oh yes, it was utter bliss, I can still remember sinking into that bed and it's a good few years since we stayed there!

EachandEveryone Sat 06-Dec-14 21:14:46

The Chamberlain in West Hollywood is fantastic you really get to hang out where the locals do .

MsVanRein Sun 07-Dec-14 21:02:38

Thanks EachandEveryone I will check it out!

EachandEveryone Sun 07-Dec-14 21:33:00

It's just a stagger home from some great bars. Go for dinner t the Chateau Marmont!

EachandEveryone Sun 07-Dec-14 21:34:04

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g33252-d111767-Reviews-Chamberlain_West_Hollywood-West_Hollywood_California.html

MsVanRein Sun 07-Dec-14 23:33:27

Thanks for the link. It's great to hear from people who have been!

EachandEveryone Mon 08-Dec-14 12:59:47

Let us know what you book!

MsVanRein Mon 08-Dec-14 16:36:47

I will! We have a very helpful and patient tour operator who has been fantastic but I like to do my own research too!

MsVanRein Tue 09-Dec-14 17:03:56

Just bumping for any other suggestions?

EachandEveryone Fri 12-Dec-14 12:08:54

The Andaz is very rock n roll as well. I love that area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now