Talk

Advanced search

Winter sun with 4 month old

(6 Posts)
Vijac Sat 06-Dec-14 15:59:42

Does anyone have any recommendations? Are there places we can't go to because of vaccinations etc, or that wouldn't be recommended? We also have a 3 yo. Baby will be exclusively breast fed. Like the idea of Caribbean/Mexico/Dubai/Thailand. We will avoid North Africa due to the recent political unrest. Thanks!

specialsubject Sun 07-Dec-14 10:51:34

the FCO site will tell you current travel warnings.

all those places have dengue fever and some are malarial in places. They all need the full set of vaccinations, not sure where the baby is on that. Canary Islands have none of these and pleasant temperatures but you won't get the bath-like sea.

Vijac Sun 07-Dec-14 12:39:35

Thanks for this. I'll have a look through the advice. Any other ideas? Would Florida be safer?

specialsubject Sun 07-Dec-14 12:57:09

apart from the guns....

nowhere is safe. Your odds on getting any of these diseases are low but it does happen. Just because it is possible to hop on a plane and be somewhere exotic in a few hours doesn't make it risk free.

not a 'don't', just a 'be aware'. And of course they are all a very long flight with kids.

Artandco Sun 07-Dec-14 13:03:34

I would suggest Oman. We have gone a few years around new year with children from newborn up.

Same flight time almost as Dubai, nice weather, friendly people. Nice sightseeing etc

Scotinoz Mon 08-Dec-14 02:41:05

Dubai is lovely, and really child friendly. I was there earlier in the year with my five month and had a super time. Breast feeding was totally fine.

I also thought it was very clean, and my baby had no more vaccines other than the standard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now