Talk

Advanced search

jet lag advice please??!

(5 Posts)
LimesMum Mon 24-Nov-14 11:27:15

We have just returned from holidays where the time was 4 hours behind.

DD was having a nap at 330-430pm there and so now goes down at 730-830pm.but then stays up til midnight... Am I right to do the routine I want where to follow back home ie last night we did bath and story at usual 7pm time or should I be just letting her stay up until she is tired and gradually work backwards???!

Anyone with any experience or advice, I'd be really grateful

Thanks

undertheduvet Mon 24-Nov-14 11:58:38

When we came back off hols in the summer it took about 3 daýs to get the boys back into a normal routine. We had a five hour behind difference to make up and rhe first few days they were going to bed about 9.30 but within 3 days was back to 7.30. A good idea to wake them at roughly the normal time in the morning no matter when they went to sleep this will make them more likely to go to bed earlier

CMOTDibbler Mon 24-Nov-14 12:09:38

I travel a lot (and don't have the luxury of having jet lag as I have to work when I get there and be mum and work when I get home) and I swear by keeping strictly to the time zone you are in. Its important to get as much sunlight as possible too.
Get out in the afternoon and give dd as much exercise as possible so she's nice and tired from the fresh air

LimesMum Mon 24-Nov-14 12:10:43

Ok thanks under the duvet, how about when she seems sleepy at 730pm which is the normal nap time? Should I keep her up? Let her nap? Or bath and ready for bed and hope for the best!??

LimesMum Mon 24-Nov-14 13:01:13

Ok thanks CMOT I will try! Did try sticking to UK time last night but failed miserably as she just went to sleep and got up again wide awake after an hour!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now