Talk

Advanced search

Boston/ New York in February

(6 Posts)
Celticlass2 Sun 16-Nov-14 13:00:28

Has anyone ever been at this time of year.?I know it would be very cold, but is it bonechillingly so?

We have been to NY in May, and it was really pleasant, and Boston end of March, and it was still quite chilly.

Have just accumulated enough airmiles for three return flights, and thinking of Feb' 16. We would have to book them a year out ( so Feb '15) to have a good chance of getting reward flights.

Any experiences of weather in either of these two cities in February?

juneau Sun 16-Nov-14 13:03:16

Yes, its bitterly cold in Feb and you could easily have your travel disrupted by big snowstorms, although the US is very good at dealing with these (unlike the UK!). Having said that, you could easily avoid spending too much time outside as both cities have masses to do indoors, or you could just wrap up really, really warm. I lived in NY for six years, so I have masses of thermal stuff that I never use now, but it came in very useful at the time.

AllWheelsAreRevolutionary Sun 16-Nov-14 13:03:39

We went to NYC in Feb, it was cold but bright and crisp. It snowed on my birthday smile No colder than a properly cold day here and nowhere near as damp.

MrsBungle Sun 16-Nov-14 13:05:13

I've been to NYC a few times at the beginning if February (birthday and wedding anniversary time). It was cold but not bitterly so. It was crisp and sunny and lovely.

Celticlass2 Sun 16-Nov-14 13:07:14

Ah, thanks both, you have reasured me. My DH will go anytime of year, and DDis happy to go in February.
It was really me being a wuss about the cold, and possible travel disruption.

Celticlass2 Sun 16-Nov-14 13:18:18

All Snowing on your birthday. I love the snowsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now