Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for snacks for a 20m old

(6 Posts)
HarrysMummy17 Sun 16-Nov-14 11:10:28

Hi, we are travelling to New York next weekend.

My DS is 20 months. We are travelling from glasgow to heathrow and then heathrow to JFK so a long day of travelling!

I'm looking for find good snack ideas for the plane.ds won't eat sandwiches so I've got some brioche rolls he likes. I've also got packets of mini bread sticks and mini cheddars. He likes grapes, apples and clementines.

I know I'll have to leave any uneaten food on the plane.

Raeray Sun 16-Nov-14 11:21:37

How about something like babybels that also have the novelty factor of the unwrapping etc?

BellaVida Sun 16-Nov-14 11:41:48

Bags of cheerios
Boxes of raisins
Organix sweet corn rings, carrot sticks etc
Fruit purée pouches or tubes
Rice cakes
Toasted pitta with houmous
Carrot sticks
Melon
Blueberries
Banana

Trapper Sun 16-Nov-14 11:45:48

Planes rarely stock much milk, so if DC is a milk guzzler you at want to take some powdered with you, or visit an airside coffee shop and ask them to sell you some.

HarrysMummy17 Sun 16-Nov-14 11:52:52

Great ideas. Thank you. I did wonder about what is served for children to drink. He is ok with water. He'll drink pretty much anything to be honest. I'm just going to take his empty cup in his bag.

Artandco Sun 16-Nov-14 12:01:08

At that age I usually took:

Empty beaker - fill with water after security
Box of Cheerios/ raisens/ mini bread sticks
Box of satsuma pieces/ slices cucumber/ blueberries
Nains oat biscuits ( come individually wrapped in packs of 5.Few flavour)

We usually aim to get through security at airport and all have a proper meal before flighing anyway if more than a quick European flight, as often they will then fall asleep after hour on the flight anyway. So at least if the meals terrible they have eaten something anyway. The snacks are more to pass time than actual hunger

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now