Talk

Advanced search

Any advice for first time travelling to America? Best airline, any tips?

(6 Posts)
MrsEames Fri 14-Nov-14 13:34:34

Me and my sister have decided to go to America next year, probably around September/October.

I've never been before so am pretty clueless, we'd like to go to Florida and New York.

Is it best to book all separately or a package?

Really not sure where to start!

bryonyelf Wed 19-Nov-14 18:23:21

Is book separately. Look at BA and Virgin for flights as you can add multiple destinations. Check your flights also of sky scanner. Look on tripadvisor for accommodation

soupey1 Thu 20-Nov-14 13:49:18

I agree book separately but make sure your travel insurance covers this. Personally I would recommend Virgin Atlantic but I know there will be lots of other opinions. There is an awful lot to do in both Florida and New York (more than you can do in 14 days at either) so you will need to be focused on what your priorities are and then you can start to narrow down the best options for you.

Bunbaker Thu 20-Nov-14 19:04:31

New England at that time of year is stunning, so I would NY a miss and go there instead.

pilates Mon 12-Jan-15 16:37:19

We flew with Virgin last year and would recommend them.

Minions Thu 15-Jan-15 18:13:08

Have a look at a couple of brochures from a travel agent and see what kind of packages they have just to get you started in your thinking. Then come up with your ideal package (doesn't need to be specified in the brochures) and ask for quotes from a few travel agents. We once did a trip where we had 4 nights in New York, 2 in Las Vegas, 5 in Palm Springs and 3 in Los Angeles. We asked Virgin to meet our best quote and then used a Virgin credit card to get a further discount off their package price. Have fun planning!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: