Talk

Advanced search

New York or Disney in Easter 2015 with DC

(10 Posts)
Cheehee Mon 03-Nov-14 00:07:47

Hi,

Getting myself in knots so thought I'd ask on here...we have a budget of around £4.5k to take an Easter hol in either NYC or Disneyland. DC who will be 9 and 5 have been to Disney a few years ago and loved it. DH and I have recently returned from NYC and I'd love for DC to experience there.

Which should I choose...costs seem to spiral with Disneyland with the car hire, accommodation and flights, NYC is slightly cheaper and more cultural although it could be tiring for my youngest.. he loves the lion king and if we chose NYC we'd have to see that. There is the pull of Disneyland and the more child friendly feel and excitement. Anyone advise what NYC is like for young DC or should I go with Disney although it will hammer our pockets??

Can you all help? Thanks! X

AlpacaMyBags Mon 03-Nov-14 01:47:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cheehee Mon 03-Nov-14 18:45:09

Sorry I meant Florida Disneyworld. I've been looking at some of the hotels, there are buses but do they only run once or twice a day? I'd love to go but the costs seem to spiral which is why I'm also considering NYC, so confused!

AlpacaMyBags Mon 03-Nov-14 20:41:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cheehee Mon 03-Nov-14 22:02:50

Thanks Alpaca, I might just be persuaded...NYC is still a consideration though.

dogdaydisaster Wed 05-Nov-14 11:42:40

Easter is beautiful weather wise i Florida and can be hit or miss in NYC. LAst year when Easter was early we were in hats and coats. But on the other hand, other than Christmas, Easter is the busiest time for Disneyworld and parks are extremely busy.

The Dibb website is really helpful for research on Florida.

spababe Sun 09-Nov-14 09:14:22

When we go to Florida we stay in a hotel on Palm Parkway in LBV. There are Lynx buses every 20 mins that go along Palm Parkway and stop at Downtown Disney and Magic Kingdom transport centre. From there you can walk to the Disney bus terminal at Downtown Disney and catch the Disney buses to the parks. They don't go directly as they don't want people to park at DTD but they go to the hotels where you can change busses for the parks or get on the monorail. It sounds convoluted but it works just fine. Remember if you drive yourselves you have to pay parking each day then also get on a parking tram. Lynx tickets can be bought online and posted to the UK and cost $16 for a week www.golynx.com/buy-tickets/
www.golynx.com/core/fileparse.php/97363/urlt/0058427-LNX_Lft_DisneyArea_WEB.pdf

bonhomme Mon 10-Nov-14 19:49:58

Disney Florida is a trip of a lifetime for children - I wouldn't put NYC in that category. No comparison in my view!

HermioneWeasley Mon 10-Nov-14 19:58:13

I think you'd struggle to do a family if 4 in Florida at Easter for £4.5k. My kids loved NYC younger than yours, we had an amazing time On the same sort of budget. Go and have a brilliant time!

ChestyNut Sun 16-Nov-14 20:11:46

Disney all the way!
We stayed on I drive and used buses cut down costs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now